The Student Room Group

Fashion communication and promotion 2014

Hey, I haven't seen a recent thread on this so thought I'd ask around. I've applied for fashion communication and promotion at :
Nottingham Trent
Central st martins
Northumbria (interview received)
Herriot watt (interview)
Southampton Solent (interview, which I declined)

Would be cool to hear where others have applied and whether they've heard back from any.

Thanks

Alexa
Reply 1
Hi!

I've applied to FCP at CSM as well but haven't heard anything from them yet.

Other courses I have applied to are Fashion Promotion at Ravensbourne and Fashion Communication & Styling at Middlesex University.

Have you heard anything of CSM yet?
Reply 2
Hiya guys, ive been very daring to only apply to CSM for FCP. No reply yet either but i know how slow that college can be on getting back to people. Been looking at other forums and seems like mini portfolios would be due in around mid February and interviews around the beginning of March. Such a long process how crappy!
I've applied for similar courses but at completely different universities, I'm a bit worried about what they're expecting for portfolios, any tips?
Reply 4
Original post by eilishargument
I've applied for similar courses but at completely different universities, I'm a bit worried about what they're expecting for portfolios, any tips?

Doesn't the university websites provide any portfolio tips?

Take a look at the central saint martins FCP course, they dedicate a whole page on what they expect inside your portfolio so im sure the same requirements would apply to the universities you're applying for.

http://www.arts.ac.uk/csm/courses/undergraduate/ba-fashion-communication-and-promotion/

(if you click on entry requirements then scroll down to the portfolio advice at the bottom)

Good Luck with your applications! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Suki-M
Hi!

I've applied to FCP at CSM as well but haven't heard anything from them yet.

Other courses I have applied to are Fashion Promotion at Ravensbourne and Fashion Communication & Styling at Middlesex University.

Have you heard anything of CSM yet?

Hey,

eh, yeah I'm still waiting for CSM, got an offer from Nottingham Trent yesterday so happy with that.
Wish they would reply, it's making me anxious. Did you do a foundation year? X
Reply 6
Oh hello!
Also applied to CSM and Nott trent, got an offer from trent and awaiting to hear back from CSM in relation to sending in the mini portfolio, has anyone heard back from them since the information e-mail?
I have received an offer from Nottingham Trent for Fashion Communication and Promotion. Bit confused as to why they didn't require an interview which makes me feel like they accept a lot of applicants.

I also applied to:
Liverpool John Moores - Got an interview
Leeds College of Art - Got an interview
Middlesex - Got an interview
Northumbria - Got an interview

Anyone else applied to Leeds College of Art?
Has anyone accepted an offer from Nottingham Trent? :smile:
Reply 9
I've applied to:
Middlesex (offer)
Nottingham Trent (offer)
CSM (Mini portfolio submitted)
Birmingham City (withdrew my application)
Southampton (withdrew my application)

I'm a bit torn between whether to go to middlesex or nottingham at the moment though..
I've applied to:
Middlesex - fashion communication & styling (offer)
UCA - fashion promotion and imaging (offer)
LCF - fashion styling & production (waiting for offer)
Southampton - fashion styling (offer)
Liverpool - fashion (interview next week)

I'm really undecided between UCA, Middlesex & LCF - any tips would be really helpful! :smile:
Original post by Sarah Graham
Hiya! I've finally heard back from all my choices on ucas! I've applied for fashion communication and promotion at:
Nottingham Trent (Been offered a place)
Liverpool John Moores (Interview)
Uclan (Interview)
Middlesex (Interview)
Hunddersfield (Interview)

Have you been to any of your interviews yet? Don't know what to expect! x

Hey! I've had an interview for Middlesex and it was really laid back! More like a conversation about my work really, although I didn't get a tour of the university which I was disappointed about! The tutor looked at our portfolios whilst we waited and he called us in one by one (I was first thank god) and he just asked me what the inspiration was for my work, what my favourite project was and for me to talk about it, as well as asking me what magazines I read and what designers/stylists/photographers I'm interested in etc... it's really easy if you know what you want to say :smile:
Hey! Is anyone going to Nottingham Trent?
Hiyaa I was wondering who's going to be doing fashion Promotion @ NTU? And if any one has seen a Facebook group for this course ?
hi, i just wanted to give this thread a bump and ask if any of you guys are willing to show a few examples of the portfolio you applied with? a few people, including myself, are applying to fashion communication & promotion for 2015/16 and a feeling very out of depth with where to even begin!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest