The Student Room Group

Exam retakes will cost £145 helpp!!!

hi everyone, im redoing History unit 2, Core1 Statistics and economics unit 2....

my school charges about £36 for each retake, so im really bugged off at the moment... any ideas on what i can do/ make it easier for my parents beacuse im not paying
Reply 1
Heeellllllllppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!
If you want to retake them, you'll have to pay. There's nothing you can do about that.

Do your parents not want to pay for them?
Moving this to the school section :smile:
Reply 4
Well it's not just a case of the exam fee, my school has to take on extra staff to manage all the requests for resist and extra invigilators to meet the requirements of the examiners. Still it seems quite a high premium, maybe you and your parents should discuss the total cost with your head of sixth form or exams officer. Explain why they are all necessary for your future goal, how you are preparing for them without risking your A2 performance and how difficult it will be for the family to afford it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by CJG21
If you want to retake them, you'll have to pay. There's nothing you can do about that.

Do your parents not want to pay for them?

£145 :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by salaama
hiii, its not that my parents wouldn't pay for them but that would be a big blow!!!...

£145 :frown:((.... my family would struggle to pay that money.. they would get really angry with me againa swell for not getting good grades 1st time round... even i feel bad about paying that much:frown::mad:

if you can pay, you should pay.

it's your education, not a pair of shoes or whatever
Exam resits cost money so it would seem you're in a tough place:-

Pay the money and resit, or don't resit the modules.

If you don't think your parents can afford it then look at ways you can earn the money. Wash cars for neighbours, do some gardening etc
Reply 8
Yet another example of how coming from a well-off family puts you at an advantage. No, you can't buy your way to good grades, but you can buy second and third chances.
Well as other posters have said, pay the money or don't resit. The grades you got are down to you so take responsibility.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending