The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

-

Scroll to see replies

puppy
I'd say that being unable to get your CV down to one page demonstrates a lack of skills rather than being able to fill two pages- anyone can ramble.

I see what you're saying, but you'e going against the grain of all the professional career advice people, employers and employed graduates I've ever spoken to.

Throw it away if its too long sure, but two pages is not long if there is adequate spacing and good quality text in there. Also, I've found that I get a much higher response rate to short and concise covering letters, which means that if I follow your advice of putting important experiences, skills etc in that letter it'd be far too long and get thrown in the bin.

Being concise with both CV and covering letter is a risk I'm not willing to take. I'd rather a two page, fairly indepth CV and short, concise to-the-point covering letter highlighting the CV's good bits.

Maybe two pages in this case is too much, but not for someone with more experience.
Reply 21
On my CV, I've got font 'garamond' and size 11 .... is the okay?
gunner123
On my CV, I've got font 'garamond' and size 11 .... is the okay?

Don't see why not. I use that combo but with Arial for the subheadings. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending