The Student Room Group

canadian studying in uk

im from canada and applying to schools in the uk, as i dont live there i was hoping to get advice on where to apply, i already applied to the 5 schools, but still have a couple of days to make changes. the one im unsure of is warwick, i heard its very out of the way, and that worries me as i would like to submerse myself in the culture and surroundings, and i do really enjoy clubbing and partying. i was wondering if anyone could tell me of a university with a good social scene, fairing well academically, but that is also safe and has somewhat of a campus. thanks to anyone who can give me advice, its very appreciated!
Reply 1
Original post by Canadiangirl95
im from canada and applying to schools in the uk, as i dont live there i was hoping to get advice on where to apply, i already applied to the 5 schools, but still have a couple of days to make changes. the one im unsure of is warwick, i heard its very out of the way, and that worries me as i would like to submerse myself in the culture and surroundings, and i do really enjoy clubbing and partying. i was wondering if anyone could tell me of a university with a good social scene, fairing well academically, but that is also safe and has somewhat of a campus. thanks to anyone who can give me advice, its very appreciated!

Cities here are much more cramped together than over in Canada. When people say "out of the way" they mean like 5km from the city centre :tongue:

You can easily get a train/bus and walk to the Warwick campus, it's not too far away from everything else, but it isn't right in the middle of the city or anything.
Reply 2
From what I gather, students who go to Warwick, Wolverhampton or Coventry can easily get to Birmingham which is a pretty big place. It's about 20 miles away from Birmingham, but Coventry is relatively lively, which is essentially right next door to the Warwick campus.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending