The Student Room Group

Nursing at De Montfort University september 2014 entry?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LibbyDickson03
Omg that is expensive! :eek: Would you say DMU is nicer than anglia ruskin? Hahaha the other day I got myself some new gym stuff (I'm trying to get really fit haha!) and then I got home and realised I had no money left! :colondollar: Definitely, looking good is all that matters :wink: Oh you don't live too far from me then!! :smile: I'm from Derby xx

It was ridiculous and the accommodation wasn't even that nice! The uni is very modern but also very small, I didn't like it at all! Wasn't welcoming and they weren't during the interview day either! Oh that's so something id do haha! We must have similar shopping habits:wink: I'm 'getting fit' as well, and on slimming world:') that's not far at all! I'm glad I'm not reallyyyyy far from home! You don't support derby football team do you?:wink: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LucieSophia_
I have an offer to study Mental Health Nursing in sept :smile: Going to firm DMU

Well done!!:smile: are you staying in accommodation? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Just firmed DMU for mental health nursing (sept 14 entry) so excited! :smile:
Original post by laurenhindson
Well done!!:smile: are you staying in accommodation? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank youu! :smile: and yes I will be. Are you firming DMU/staying in accommodation? x
Original post by LucieSophia_
Thank youu! :smile: and yes I will be. Are you firming DMU/staying in accommodation? x

Yes I've firmed for learning disability nursing:smile: and will be staying in accommodation! Do you want to stay in the nursing/midwifery specific halls? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hiyahan
Just firmed DMU for mental health nursing (sept 14 entry) so excited! :smile:

Well done on your offer! I firmed last week and am so excited to start!!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My interview for nottingham didn't go too well...so I think I will be joining ye at DMU..kind of want to visit the uni first though to get a feel for it :biggrin: from what I've seen/heard online it looks like a lovely place to study at
Original post by Jenny_O'Dwyer
My interview for nottingham didn't go too well...so I think I will be joining ye at DMU..kind of want to visit the uni first though to get a feel for it :biggrin: from what I've seen/heard online it looks like a lovely place to study at

Oh no, how come?:frown: it is a lovely uni and city! I preferred it to nottingham uni:smile:?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh no, how come?:frown: it is a lovely uni and city! I preferred it to nottingham uni:smile:?

Posted from TSR Mobile I'm hearing great things about DMU by everyone, the bad thing about being interved on Skype is that you don't really get a sense of what the uni itself is like :rolleyes:..I just think I was not as prepared as I should have been and it was a little obvious! Since you firmed DMU were you able to apply for accommodation ?? :smile::smile:
Reply 29
Well done on your offer! I firmed last week and am so excited to start!!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! Well done with your offer too! What nursing have you applied to do? :smile: im so excited! Xx
Original post by hiyahan
Thank you!! Well done with your offer too! What nursing have you applied to do? :smile: im so excited! Xx

thanks:smile:! Learning disability nursing! Are you staying in accommodation? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
thanks:smile:! Learning disability nursing! Are you staying in accommodation? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep I am! You? :smile: xxx
Reply 32
I've got interview at DMU next week, any tips?
Original post by Lozz96
I've got interview at DMU next week, any tips?

don't worry too much and be yourself, they make you feel so at ease and are all really lovely! Mine was for ld nursing so I don't know if it might be different to yours! It's basically just an individual interview where they ask you general questions about why you want to do nursing etc:smile: you also get a scenario but they are all different for each interview set so I can't help you very much, just read around the topic and don't panic too much haha:smile: hopefully that has helped in some way:') xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
don't worry too much and be yourself, they make you feel so at ease and are all really lovely! Mine was for ld nursing so I don't know if it might be different to yours! It's basically just an individual interview where they ask you general questions about why you want to do nursing etc:smile: you also get a scenario but they are all different for each interview set so I can't help you very much, just read around the topic and don't panic too much haha:smile: hopefully that has helped in some way:') xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks x:smile::smile:
Original post by Lozz96
Thanks x:smile::smile:

I had my interview on skype but I'm sure that they would ask similar things. I was asked if I knew of any current health care related issues as well.. They left it up to me to chose which one I wanted to speak about, work experience etc. mine was also for LD nursing though :rolleyes:

ALso it might be a good idea to have a few questions prepared to ask them as it shows them you are interested!
Reply 36
Original post by Jenny_O'Dwyer
I had my interview on skype but I'm sure that they would ask similar things. I was asked if I knew of any current health care related issues as well.. They left it up to me to chose which one I wanted to speak about, work experience etc. mine was also for LD nursing though :rolleyes:

ALso it might be a good idea to have a few questions prepared to ask them as it shows them you are interested!

thank you for the advice, I'm so nervous, I just hope I remember everything I've been reading and practicing answering questions, I went to pot at my last interview.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 37
Hey how was the interview for learning disability nursing at dmu? What sorta ques do they ask...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
I had interview yesterday for adult nursing, not heard anything back yet (I know it's only a day) but you all seem to of heard back the next day. I'm starting to worry now as I really want DMU
Original post by Pops103
Hey how was the interview for learning disability nursing at dmu? What sorta ques do they ask...

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a few posts further up about questions they ask etc! It's pretty relaxed, they are lovely there! and consists of an individual interview then it's over with ha:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest