The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Bournemouth/Poole -Winchester commute

Anyone here already commute or thinking about commuting to Winchester uni from Bournemouth area in the 2014/2015 term)

I hate living in Winchster and am finding getting housing difficult. I would love to commute but it costs a little too much and is a little too far. Happy to pay for petrol (I may have a car but not definite), provide food and entertainment.

People who do this trip, is it doable or does it wear you out?
Reply 1
I'm from Poole and I'll be living in Winchester but I know of someone who does commute everyday so it is possible. You just have to be dedicated as it is 2 and a half hours travelling everyday and around £15 a day. You will have to get up super early to make a 9am lecture.

I'm not too thrilled about living away from home but, in my opinion, it is preferable to commuting, I will just travel home most weekends. You could always try doing it first year and then if it is too much of a problem you can live in Winchester next year.
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
I`'ll be commuting from boscombe but I`m not sure whether it will be by train or if I will be driving
Reply 3
Original post by ushotmedown
I`'ll be commuting from boscombe but I`m not sure whether it will be by train or if I will be driving

I think the cost is roughly the same and you can work on the train :smile:
When I went for a lecture on the course I've applied to everyone there commuted, two from Surrey, one from London and one from Bournemouth. I don't think it's at all unusual at Winchester.

I'll be commuting from Southampton but it's only 50 minutes thankfully, the bus stops just round the corner from my flat and drops me off quite near the university so it's rather handy.
Reply 5
I'm going to winchester this september and I'll be commuting from christchurch by train x
I'll be commuting from Pokesdown every day. Are you guys buying an annual pass for the train or waiting for your timetable to come through and then deciding what is best??
Reply 7
I emailed my course leader and he told me I'd be there a maximum of three days a week so I'm going to buy tickets daily as it works out cheaper x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending