The Student Room Group

university reconsideration?

Hey,
I applied to 5 of the UK universities via UCAS.
I've got conditional admission in 3 university and 1 hasnt answered. But 1 university rejected my application because of the weak SOP.

Is there any way for me to get into that university? I badly wanna go there. I've edited my SOP and i promise to get a good score in my May 2024 examinations.

Please help.
What's SOP?
Reply 2
SOP is Statement of Purpose. Its needed for university applications.
Original post by anuj999
SOP is Statement of Purpose. Its needed for university applications.

oh
the personal statement :biggrin:

i doubt that they'll reconsider your application, let alone let you submit a new personal statement :frown:
i know that some universities will reconsider your application - i.e. a different admissions tutor will look at your PS, grades etc. but they wouldn't allow you to submit a new PS

which university is it? you could try applying through clearing for a different subject or the same subject if there are vacancies - you can submit a new PS through clearing
Reply 4
Original post by anuj999
Hey,
I applied to 5 of the UK universities via UCAS.
I've got conditional admission in 3 university and 1 hasnt answered. But 1 university rejected my application because of the weak SOP.

Is there any way for me to get into that university? I badly wanna go there. I've edited my SOP and i promise to get a good score in my May 2024 examinations.

Please help.

Lol You'll have quite a bit of time to wait then. :biggrin:

In all seriousness, if they're a particularly good and selective uni, then they're not going to reconsider your application (unless you've had a legitimate problem, like your predicted grades were entered wrong). If unis let people just revise their PS then there'd be no point in writing one in the first place. Most likely you'll have to wait and apply again for 2015 entry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
But I dont want to waste a year.! That'll be a waste of time.
Reply 6
Original post by anuj999
But I dont want to waste a year.! That'll be a waste of time.

Nobody does. If only the world worked according to your ideals only. :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending