The Student Room Group

AQA Biology

Hi i am a private candidate doing AQA Biology. When looking in to the prices for the practical exams i do not think i can afford it as they are over £700 each, does anyone know if you can still get an a level without doing all parts of the course. Each practical is only worth 10% of the overall a level so although it will be a loss to me would i still be able to be awarded even a C grade without the practicals.
Reply 1
Original post by Nikki20
Hi i am a private candidate doing AQA Biology. When looking in to the prices for the practical exams i do not think i can afford it as they are over £700 each, does anyone know if you can still get an a level without doing all parts of the course. Each practical is only worth 10% of the overall a level so although it will be a loss to me would i still be able to be awarded even a C grade without the practicals.

Hello :smile:
As far as I am aware the practical is an important part of the course that assesses different skills to the exams. (I study A2 bio and chem)
I don't think you can avoid them I'm afraid :frown:
However, I'm not sure whether if you just don't bother it will be counted as a fail or if the whole A-level will be discounted. I would contact AQA to check.

Quick Reply

Latest