The Student Room Group
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

on campus accommodation?

Does Wolverhampton have any on campus accommodation? Or are the halls all down the road?
Reply 1
All accommodation for Wolverhampton University are down the road near the Molineux :smile: unless of course you rent privately, Victoria House is just outside the city centre, short walking distance, easy access to the train station.
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by gjw
All accommodation for Wolverhampton University are down the road near the Molineux :smile: unless of course you rent privately, Victoria House is just outside the city centre, short walking distance, easy access to the train station.

Okay thanks! Do you go to the uni? What halls do you think are best to live in?
Reply 3
I do indeed, however I commute. Erm, for convenience and an easy retreat, the university-owned accommodation is great, its gated and you just scan your ID to get in, and theres a few houses with about 5 people sharing a floor with you. About 3 floors per house. As for Victoria House, it's a huge skyscraper (not a concrete jungle block of flats, looks quite posh actually ;D), it's a bit of a pain to get across too, as you have to cross like 3 dual carriage ways? I'd imagine its a lot nicer, however you probably aren't going to spend much time in there so it's up to you if you want to spend the extra money for a nicer space to retreat to, however, it is a bit less convenient, i'd suggest a bike if you were to go there :smile:
Reply 4
You have four main options for accommodation.

You have university accommodation, which in itself has three options: Economy, Standard or En-Suite. Each costs a different price per week and is reflected in the state of the rooms and how many people you share with.

You can choose private accommodation, of which there are three other options. There is fiveways halls, just across the road from university en-suite accommodation. There is chambers 51, right in the town centre, literally two minutes walk away from city campus. Finally, there is victoria halls on the outskirts near the train station.

In 1st year I lived in university en-suite and then moved to chambers 51, I can recommend both. If you'd like more information about any of the options, let me know :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by l.west191
You have four main options for accommodation.

You have university accommodation, which in itself has three options: Economy, Standard or En-Suite. Each costs a different price per week and is reflected in the state of the rooms and how many people you share with.

You can choose private accommodation, of which there are three other options. There is fiveways halls, just across the road from university en-suite accommodation. There is chambers 51, right in the town centre, literally two minutes walk away from city campus. Finally, there is victoria halls on the outskirts near the train station.

In 1st year I lived in university en-suite and then moved to chambers 51, I can recommend both. If you'd like more information about any of the options, let me know :smile:

Thanks for all the info! I was thinking of having a room with shared bathrooms but after having a look the ensuite rooms seem quite cheap too especially the private ones.

Although maybe I should stop planning so much as I haven't even got an offer yet haha
Reply 6
Original post by glitterpink
Thanks for all the info! I was thinking of having a room with shared bathrooms but after having a look the ensuite rooms seem quite cheap too especially the private ones.

Although maybe I should stop planning so much as I haven't even got an offer yet haha

I wouldn't worry about that haha! Better to get it all planned beforehand :smile:
hi, can i just ask is the five ways halls shared bathrooms?
No you have your own bathroom in fiveways hall but you have to share the kitchen, you have much bigger space compared to uni's own accommodation.
Reply 9
Hi,

are you able to apply for student accommodation it won't let me apply for it on e vision :/
I don't think it is opened yet.

If you don't mind me asking halls have wardrobes in the rooms? Just because looking at them some of them don't seem to have any!
Reply 11
I got an email saying it was opened, I think there is wardrobes because they say that there's a wardrobe on the website. What are you planning to study?
I've just booked a bronze studio at Chambers 51 as i looked round yesterday and it was amazing
Reply 13
Original post by Ellie.Mortlock
I've just booked a bronze studio at Chambers 51 as i looked round yesterday and it was amazing

Hi, did u you go to an open day and able to see the accomodations available?

i don not know what to do about accomodations because i have not seen any , and am from london.. so , if i attend an open day, will i be able to see the accomodations? or do i just go any day?:frown:

thanks
Original post by evenda
Hi, did u you go to an open day and able to see the accomodations available?

i don not know what to do about accomodations because i have not seen any , and am from london.. so , if i attend an open day, will i be able to see the accomodations? or do i just go any day?:frown:

thanks

Well I looked at all of them in the city apart from fiveways and I can defiantly say chambers 51 was by far the best, and I think you can just contact the accomodations and request a tour, plus they usually have their own open days on the uni open days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Ellie.Mortlock

I am thinking of chambers 51 or uni acommodation..quick questions please.

Did you have to pay deposits or all the fee for the acommodation when you booked?
how close is it to city campus?
And can you please give me a link to the website so I can see what is included and not..

Thanks..
Original post by evenda
I am thinking of chambers 51 or uni acommodation..quick questions please.

Did you have to pay deposits or all the fee for the acommodation when you booked?
how close is it to city campus?
And can you please give me a link to the website so I can see what is included and not..

Thanks..

The booking fee is £100 which turns into a deposit when you move in. It's basically next door to the city campus, and just type fresh student living chambers 51 into google :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Just booked my accommodation too at chambers 51..bronze studio.. I haven't been to see it, but from what i have heard and read, am sure I will love it.
like Ellie said, I hope to meet some of U there...
Original post by evenda
Just booked my accommodation too at chambers 51..bronze studio.. I haven't been to see it, but from what i have heard and read, am sure I will love it.
like Ellie said, I hope to meet some of U there...

You will love it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply