The Student Room Group

Bradford university child nursing 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yes i have took a year gap, and already got my qualifications
Reply 21
Anyway will have to wait..
I had my interview last Friday still waiting g to hear back but they did say due to half term it's likely to be first week of march we hear back - I felt like it went well but now not sure keep doubting myself - its so competitive to get into and I hate waiting ha
Original post by Gobberts
Yes i have took a year gap, and already got my qualifications
Hey what did u do for your gap year? (if u don't mind me asking?):smile:
Hey I applied for adult nursing had my interview a few weeks back and still haven't heard anything? Xx
Reply 25
Original post by Rachycartwright
Hey I applied for adult nursing had my interview a few weeks back and still haven't heard anything? Xx

Im sure you won't have to wait too long, I applied for child nursing so it's probably different. It's also half term too I think :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by adeleleslie4
Im sure you won't have to wait too long, I applied for child nursing so it's probably different. It's also half term too I think :smile:

Hi i had to take a gap year because a got a d in my gcse and need a c.got a condition offer last year at salford for childrens nursing but would not let me in cause i got a d, so applyed for bradford because i have level 2 which i can get in with,taking my gcse now got exam in june.xx
Original post by adeleleslie4
I'm not sure, I would check ucas everyday though as I didnt get an email to say something had changed and just checked and found it by chance.
I also think I found out so quick as I already have my qualifications as I took a gap year x

Hiii guys, I have also applied to study child nursing at Bradford uni, my interview was on the 25th of November 2014 and I still haven't heard from them. my friend had her interview after me and she got a reply but was rejected, and my career advisor said that it doesn't matter if they don't reply quickly it means that they may be considering you..... so don't worry Gobberts, im in a similar position :/ and congrats Adele, Well done! :smile: hope to see you there (if I get accepted hopefully *fingers crossed*) :smile:
Reply 28
Hi i also had an interview for child nursing at bradford and got an offer 4 days later xx
Original post by Sanhiya_
Hiii guys, I have also applied to study child nursing at Bradford uni, my interview was on the 25th of November 2014 and I still haven't heard from them. my friend had her interview after me and she got a reply but was rejected, and my career advisor said that it doesn't matter if they don't reply quickly it means that they may be considering you..... so don't worry Gobberts, im in a similar position :/ and congrats Adele, Well done! :smile: hope to see you there (if I get accepted hopefully *fingers crossed*) :smile:

Original post by Gobberts
Anyway will have to wait..

Hi Sanhiya_ and Gobberts, thank you for your patience.

This year for Nursing - Children's BSc (Hons) there are 24 places available and our Admissions Department have received 430 applications. So far 47 offers have been made.

If you haven't had a response yet and would like me to follow this up for you please feel free to PM me with your full name and UCAS personal ID number.

Hope this information helps and let me know if I can assist you further. Good luck!
Original post by University of Bradford
Hi Sanhiya_ and Gobberts, thank you for your patience.

This year for Nursing - Children's BSc (Hons) there are 24 places available and our Admissions Department have received 430 applications. So far 47 offers have been made.

If you haven't had a response yet and would like me to follow this up for you please feel free to PM me with your full name and UCAS personal ID number.

Hope this information helps and let me know if I can assist you further. Good luck!

Thank you for your reply, but I have heard from the university, and I didn't get a place :frown:
Thank you for your reply, but I have heard from the university, and I didn't get a place :frown:

I’m sorry to hear this. You’d be welcome to contact our Admissions Department to ask for feedback on why your application was unsuccessful. Their email address is [email protected].

Hope you’re not too disheartened and if you’d like any further guidance or information let me know.
I’m sorry to hear this. You’d be welcome to contact our Admissions Department to ask for feedback on why your application was unsuccessful. Their email address is [email protected].

Hope you’re not too disheartened and if you’d like any further guidance or information let me know.

Yes I have requested a call back, and hopefully I will find out today, I have found a bit of information about the internal form and I am considering to get into Child Nursing hopefully next year as this year I got through to the interview but I think I didn't do so well, so maybe with the feedback it will help me for next year, is there any other way to get into Nursing?

Thank you in advance
Sanhiya
:smile:
Yes I have requested a call back, and hopefully I will find out today, I have found a bit of information about the internal form and I am considering to get into Child Nursing hopefully next year as this year I got through to the interview but I think I didn't do so well, so maybe with the feedback it will help me for next year, is there any other way to get into Nursing?

Thank you in advance
Sanhiya
:smile:

Okay, brilliant!

Unfortunately as we do not offer any form of foundation or access route the only way of getting onto the Nursing - Children's BSc (Hons) course would be through direct entry.

As mentioned earlier, there is an internal application form available for students who are interested in gaining access onto the 1st year of Nursing - Children's BSc (Hons).

As specified previously, there is no preference given to current University of Bradford students; all internal and external applications will be considered together. There is also not guarantee that if you were to submit an internal application that it would be considered.

If your internal applications was to be accepted and considered every successful applicant, external or internal, will need to attend an interview and, alongside a strong personal statement, need to meet our standard entry requirements.

Hope this information helps and let me know if you would like any further information.
Okay, brilliant!

Unfortunately as we do not offer any form of foundation or access route the only way of getting onto the Nursing - Children's BSc (Hons) course would be through direct entry.

As mentioned earlier, there is an internal application form available for students who are interested in gaining access onto the 1st year of Nursing - Children's BSc (Hons).

As specified previously, there is no preference given to current University of Bradford students; all internal and external applications will be considered together. There is also not guarantee that if you were to submit an internal application that it would be considered.

If your internal applications was to be accepted and considered every successful applicant, external or internal, will need to attend an interview and, alongside a strong personal statement, need to meet our standard entry requirements.

Hope this information helps and let me know if you would like any further information.

Oh okay, that's fine, thank you for the information, but could I use my previous personal statement as I am sure that was strong enough as it got me to the interview stage, or would that be considered as plagiarism?
Oh okay, that's fine, thank you for the information, but could I use my previous personal statement as I am sure that was strong enough as it got me to the interview stage, or would that be considered as plagiarism?

Entirely up to you. We would accept the same personal statement or alternatively you can submit a revised personal statement. Again, before making this decision I think it would be wise to get some feedback and as much information from our Admissions Team as possible.

Let me know if you need anything else.
Entirely up to you. We would accept the same personal statement or alternatively you can submit a revised personal statement. Again, before making this decision I think it would be wise to get some feedback and as much information from our Admissions Team as possible.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Hi, thank you for that and yes I have gained valuable information from one of the admissions tutor and I feel a lot more comfortable I know what I need to do now and I know where I went wrong, hope it works out for me next year hopefully anyways thank you for your help, really appreciate it :biggrin:
Hi, thank you for that and yes I have gained valuable information from one of the admissions tutor and I feel a lot more comfortable I know what I need to do now and I know where I went wrong, hope it works out for me next year hopefully anyways thank you for your help, really appreciate it :biggrin:

That’s fantastic and you’re very welcome. If you need any support with your application next year or any further assistance please do get back in touch. Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending