The Student Room Group

Is it too late?

About at year ago one of my friends asked me out. I wasn't too keen on him then and it came as a surprise since I didn't see him in that way and I didn't think he saw me in that way since we're soo different. I've got to know him a lot better since then and the things i didn't like about him then i like now since i understand him a lot better. We never used to have a banterous relationship which annoyed me because he took everything so seriously, no he's lightened up and he's been so nice to me recently

Anyway I think I really like him now and I don't know whether I should tell him as i don't know whether he still likes me. My friend also really likes him atm and I don't want to go for him because that would be a bitch move especially since she did a similar thing recently to a friend of ours and I gave her a hard time for it. he says he's not interested in her but still I don't know what to do. Should I tell him or is it too late

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
About at year ago one of my friends asked me out. I wasn't too keen on him then and it came as a surprise since I didn't see him in that way and I didn't think he saw me in that way since we're soo different. I've got to know him a lot better since then and the things i didn't like about him then i like now since i understand him a lot better. We never used to have a banterous relationship which annoyed me because he took everything so seriously, no he's lightened up and he's been so nice to me recently

Anyway I think I really like him now and I don't know whether I should tell him as i don't know whether he still likes me. My friend also really likes him atm and I don't want to go for him because that would be a bitch move especially since she did a similar thing recently to a friend of ours and I gave her a hard time for it. he says he's not interested in her but still I don't know what to do. Should I tell him or is it too late

as long as your friend still likes him, i wouldn't do anything
Reply 2

If anything, tell your friend.
Reply 3
Original post by ThoughtIsFree
as long as your friend still likes him, i wouldn't do anything

The thing is she says she really likes him but she still gets off and flirts with other people including his best friends. I dunno whether she's doing it to make him jealous or whether she actually really likes him. Do i just wait till she gets bored of him or? because if he's not interested then whats the point
The thing is she says she really likes him but she still gets off and flirts with other people including his best friends. I dunno whether she's doing it to make him jealous or whether she actually really likes him. Do i just wait till she gets bored of him or? because if he's not interested then whats the point

ask her, just have a guy talk with her and let her know you kind of like him too
Reply 5
ask her, just have a guy talk with her and let her know you kind of like him too

I just talked to her about it. She said she really likes him, so i guess I'll just have to leave it?
It's a shame he doesn't like her, otherwise you could have a threesome/polyamorous relationship.
I just talked to her about it. She said she really likes him, so i guess I'll just have to leave it?

yeah that's what i'd do :smile: maybe even help her out and try and set them two up
Reply 8
yeah that's what i'd do :smile: maybe even help her out and try and set them two up

I have been trying to set them up, but he says he's not interested in having a relationship with her because of the way she has behaved previously. i have tried to defend her and big up her good points but her actions recently kinda exemplify his point. I don't want to tell her this because I think if he gets to know her he may change his mind but i dunno what else I can do to help her out. Any suggestions?
Reply 9
Original post by Cropped Shaggy
It's a shame he doesn't like her, otherwise you could have a threesome/polyamorous relationship.

Loool that would genuinely be the worst idea ever
Reply 10
Too late. Give your friend a chance now.
Reply 11
I have been trying to set them up, but he says he's not interested in having a relationship with her because of the way she has behaved previously. i have tried to defend her and big up her good points but her actions recently kinda exemplify his point. I don't want to tell her this because I think if he gets to know her he may change his mind but i dunno what else I can do to help her out. Any suggestions?

Nothing. What they think of each other is none of your business to be quite honest.

I think you should just leave it and see what happens. Obviously helping her get with him isn't in your interests. If they get together, great. If he doesn't like her then perhaps at some point in the future you may still have a chance.

Just be friends with both and not force anything for now.
Reply 13
Original post by SoftPunch
Nothing. What they think of each other is none of your business to be quite honest.

If only it was that simple. Since i'm the mutual friend that caused these 2 to meet i'm always the one in the middle passing on messages from one to the other
Reply 14
If only it was that simple. Since i'm the mutual friend that caused these 2 to meet i'm always the one in the middle passing on messages from one to the other

I think you should stop being the 'messenger'.
It will be easier for you and for them; they will make up their minds on the situation and your crush on him might get 'relieved' - whatever the outcome may be.
Reply 15
Original post by SkinnyKat
I think you should just leave it and see what happens. Obviously helping her get with him isn't in your interests. If they get together, great. If he doesn't like her then perhaps at some point in the future you may still have a chance.

Just be friends with both and not force anything for now.

I try but i'm the one in the middle. When he asks my opinion of her, if I say nothing, he takes it as a negative since i'm supposed to be her friend and If i'm not bigging her up who would be. At the same time if i say something good, it just seems like i'm being fake. And it's annoying since they won't see each other unless i'm there which just makes everything worse
Reply 16
Yeah it's too late
Reply 17
I think you should stop being the 'messenger'.
It will be easier for you and for them; they will make up their minds on the situation and your crush on him might get 'relieved' - whatever the outcome may be.

I feel like if I stop being the messenger from her to him then i'm destroying any chance of them getting together since they don't really have any other form of communication. I hate being the person in the middle and it would be a lot easier for me if they just got together. He's made his mind up ,he wants nothing to do with her and without them being with me they would never see each other so I'm kinda involved
Reply 18
I feel like if I stop being the messenger from her to him then i'm destroying any chance of them getting together since they don't really have any other form of communication. I hate being the person in the middle and it would be a lot easier for me if they just got together. He's made his mind up ,he wants nothing to do with her and without them being with me they would never see each other so I'm kinda involved

Well too bad. Means he is not that into her then. Maybe you have a chance then. Still, as I said, in your place I'd stop being the messenger. Have self-respect and say you've got life as well, so if they want to get to know each other etc they should find ways to do it. This is 21st century ffs.
Reply 19
Well too bad. Means he is not that into her then. Maybe you have a chance then. Still, as I said, in your place I'd stop being the messenger. Have self-respect and say you've got life as well, so if they want to get to know each other etc they should find ways to do it. This is 21st century ffs.

Ok thanks, I'll see where that get me. I'm worried because she knows that I like him and me stopping helping her out might seem like i'm tryna sabotage her chances with her. ah well , i'll see how it goes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending