The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Because its a crap (time consuming) site where people just stalk and poke eachother :smile:

aint nobody got time for that..
(edited 10 years ago)
I feel more liberated without it. I do things because I want to and not just so I can post a photo about it on Facebook. It stops me filling my mind with useless information. I don't get as depressed without it - seeing other people having fun while I feel like **** isn't a good thing - ignorance is bliss as they say. I don't waste as much time now. And it means I know who my true friends are who are willing to keep in contact with me outside of social media.
(edited 10 years ago)
It's really boring.
Original post by brightcitylights
I feel more liberated without it. I do things because I want to and not just so I can post a photo about it on Facebook. It stops me filling my mind with useless information. I don't get as depressed without it - seeing other people having fun while I feel like **** isn't a good thing - ignorance is bliss as they say. I don't waste as much time now. And it means I know who my true friends are who are willing to keep in contact with me outside of social media.

wow i though i was the only person who got depressed by using fb. I completely agree with the liberation part too :five:
Reply 5
Original post by shouldbestudying
I avoid that particular site because seeing how wonderful and eventful everyone's life is would probably make me feel depressed, even though I know people tend to overemphasise everything on there. What are your reasons for not using Facebook?

Not everyone's life is eventful on there.. I haven't posted a status for ages. :redface:

I just have nothing interesting to put on there :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by TheBBQ
Not everyone's life is eventful on there.. I haven't posted a status for ages. :redface:

I just have nothing interesting to put on there :frown:

I created an account but I haven't even uploaded a profile pic or added anyone. :redface:
I am a loner, with no friends.

Nobody cares about me, or what I say.

Why would I update my FB status every day if nobody is going to like it or comment on it?

FB is a sham popularity parade. If you aren't popular on FB then why would you use it anyway?
Reply 8
I don't know why someone would not want facebook? Anyone with a decent social life has one, either that or twitter.
I have Facebook now, but only because I'm on a society exec and was forced to. I didn't have it for years and preferred it that way. There are so many pointless aspects of people's lives that I don't need to know, e.g. photos of someone eating breakfast and watching a couple publicly squabble.
Reply 10
Its used to share absolutely meaningless drivel e.g. photos of nights out, filled with people you don't know, passed through several instagram filters.

I use facebook as a way of organising events with my friends and sharing specific photos with family/friends, and more recently as an overly fancy RSS feed for my favourite sites. Anything more than that would be a waste of time.
Reply 11
I created an account but I haven't even uploaded a profile pic or added anyone. :redface:

I sometimes use it to talk to people I know from India or something but that's about it really.

Do you have nobody to add? :eek:
Reply 12
If you have no friends, maybe facebook will let you express yourself to your peers to show them stuff you like and you might make some friends? Also using chat you can speak to people you might not speak to irl.
Reply 13
Because I... wait for it...

SHOULD-BE-STUDYING

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
I did have one, but realised it took way too much of my time. Just made you over think small things such as "likes" etc. I deactivated my account during exams so that it didn't become a distraction, then a while after my exams I completely forgotten that I had deactivated it. Realised I actually enjoyed not having random people who I haven't seen or spoken to in years make small talk. Haven't touched it since then and don't intend to :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by TheBBQ
I sometimes use it to talk to people I know from India or something but that's about it really.

Do you have nobody to add? :eek:

I know a lot of people on there (they don't know I have an account) but I feel too anxious to add them because then I'll have to customise my profile, talk to them, update statuses etc. so they don't judge me/ think I hate them. That'll make me feel too exposed. I don't deal well with exposure.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
I know a lot of people on there (they don't know I have an account) but I feel too anxious to add them because then I'll have to customise my profile, talk to them, update statuses etc. so they don't judge me/ think I hate them. That'll make me feel too exposed. I don't deal well with exposure.

That's a bit sad :frown: are you okay with being social with other people?
It's too distracting.
Reply 18
Original post by TheBBQ
That's a bit sad :frown: are you okay with being social with other people?

It depends on who I'm with. If I'm with people I can't connect with I act very anti-social.
Reply 19
It depends on who I'm with. If I'm with people I can't connect with I act very anti-social.

Well hopefully you have good friends that you can connect with, that's all that matters :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending