The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Too dry :grumble: Twitter is more interesting and engaging.
Reply 41
Original post by de_monies
I use TSR more than fb these days. My fb is more a politics feed more than any thing else I guess :smile: Honestly, I prefer TSR over facebook

Other than that, yes it's a bit of a popularity contest. This comes to mind

haha, that seems to pretty much sum up my entire experience with fb
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ayesha2112
Haha, that seems to pretty much sum up my entire experience with fb

And guys commenting on really attractive girls status' saying "You're so pretty. I love you etc... " when that girl in question is actually a bit of a bitch to people.

Though at the same time, I find it funny how when this kinda girl puts up any kind of status, she'd get around 200+ likes, and lots of comments in agreeance (Though any one else wouldn't get any where near that amount :biggrin: ) and what I found funny was that one time, this girl mentioned she was in a relationship. The likes went down from 200 to.... 5! :biggrin: That was just really funny for me

Original post by Padwas
better to be worshiped on tsr :adore:

I find it ironic that Im somewhat popular on TSR, due to my posts, but on facebook, no one cares :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 43
Yes I use Facebook, BUT I don't use it to blab about my 'practically perfect life in every way' sense. I like to to keep tabs on certain groups, businesses, organisations, events etc. I also like to see other peoples opinions and comments regarding topics also :^_^::cookie:
Reply 44
I find it ironic that Im somewhat popular on TSR, due to my posts, but on facebook, no one cares :biggrin:

facebook = overrated
tsr = underrated :wink:
Original post by Padwas
facebook = overrated
tsr = underrated :wink:

Not many people know of my TSR account :biggrin: I don't really want to say "Hey. Are you on TSR?" :biggrin:
Reply 46
Not many people know of my TSR account :biggrin: I don't really want to say "Hey. Are you on TSR?" :biggrin:

tsr is only for the select few elite and our slaves ( trolls )
Facebook is dying a slow death. I don't know anyone who doesn't have an account, however I can think of so many people who barely use it anymore, even some people who seemed to spend every waking moment on there not too long ago. It is definitely losing its appeal.

I haven't used FB messaging in months and never add people these days. There's just nothing interesting on there anymore, my news feed contains little beyond vines, photos of food and club promotion. Half the time I log in it's only down to routine or procrastination, if the website were to shut down tomorrow I don't think it would affect me that much. I checked my activity log and in the last week, all i've done is 'like' two statuses and one photo.
Original post by shouldbestudying
I know a lot of people on there (they don't know I have an account) but I feel too anxious to add them because then I'll have to customise my profile, talk to them, update statuses etc. so they don't judge me/ think I hate them. That'll make me feel too exposed. I don't deal well with exposure.

That's just a stereotype really, people don't really post statuses on facebook much anymore, and chances are you won't probably speak to most of the people you add on facebook. It's no biggie, nobody really makes much of a fuss really about what your profile is like on facebook unless they stalk it regularly, you don't have to do much really, just add a normal profile pic and basic info and then you'll be on your way.

But I wouldn't worry too much, facebook is a dying social network anyway, it's losing its originality and doesn't feel as fresh anymore compared to 2-3 years ago, nothing much has been changed. Twitter is the new storm.
Reply 49
I had both twitter and facebook for a couple of years but got rid of them eventually. The biggest thing was the amount of time I spent on there, at times I was compelled to constantly check what was going on. I noticed that dependency in a lot of my friends too so I made the decision to stop using them.

Also, I noticed that despite the amount of friends that I had on Facebook or followers on twitter, I was only really interested or engaged with a small amount of them (my closest personal friends and family). Everything else was just superfluous so i didn't see the need to keep it. The people who I want to keep in regular contact with or who I hold close have my phone number or what's app or my email.
Reply 50
I only use Facebook as a method of contact and nothing much else. That's the only reason I use it. All my friends and family are on it and it's an easy method to have group conversations and organise events.
Reply 51
Original post by Kutta
I don't know why someone would not want facebook? Anyone with a decent social life has one, either that or twitter.

lol.
I have one, but am thinking about deleting it. I realised that I used it almost like a counsellor and was forever complaining - which is not representative of who I am in real life. So I don't want people thinking it is. If it weren't for the fact that I'd probably never be in touch with some family again, I would delete it today.
Reply 53
Original post by sr90
Facebook is dying a slow death. I don't know anyone who doesn't have an account, however I can think of so many people who barely use it anymore, even some people who seemed to spend every waking moment on there not too long ago. It is definitely losing its appeal.

I haven't used FB messaging in months and never add people these days. There's just nothing interesting on there anymore, my news feed contains little beyond vines, photos of food and club promotion. Half the time I log in it's only down to routine or procrastination, if the website were to shut down tomorrow I don't think it would affect me that much. I checked my activity log and in the last week, all i've done is 'like' two statuses and one photo.

I agree with this. Before I deactivated my account I only really used it as a method of contact and most of the people I know who still use it are the same. In my experience most of the people who still use it regularly ie. often update statues and upload pictures seem to use it mainly to brag, moan or seek attention.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 54
I used to use it regularly a few years ago but back then there was no whatsapp..erm now I've slowly deleted so many people off it and ended up deleting the actual thing. Although I had to check something so reactivated it a few days ago for a few mins :L
I wrote this in 2010 ------
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Lyla_Mikaeal
Too dry :grumble: Twitter is more interesting and engaging.

Twitter is for adults, Facebook is for kids.
Reply 57
Doing things not for fun but just for the sake of taking pictures so that others will think you're happy. Creating the idea of a person that is not you, but who you want others to think you are.

Really annoying statuses, petty issues, petty arguments. It's a virtual reality in which stupid things seem important, thus you get annoyed or depressed.

The stalking. I mean, what else is it for?

The way that every little thing you do appears on everyone's news feed. If you're painfully self critical, knowing that every move you make is showcased in front of everyone makes you just sit back and silently stalk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 58
People will always follow mainstream things. Now is Facebook dying out, but when it was popular, everybody used it. But now everybody is saying that they don't use it anymore. Why? Because everybody is not using anymore. So bandwagon effect. As always.
But then there is Twitter, Instagramm, Pinterest, and so on. Now they find it cool and "social", after a time they will tell you how "cool" it is not to have an account.
Always bandwagon-like.

I am one of the people who uses internet a lot and had never an account at that sites.
Even on TSR you see that attention wh...s or drama queens. But at least you can make propper discussions here sometimes.

Why don't I have Facebook?
Because of privacy and because of people who are superficial and shallow. I did not want to be one of them.
And I am happy of my will that I could resist to those sites, not like everybody else.
Original post by shouldbestudying
I avoid that particular site because seeing how wonderful and eventful everyone's life is would probably make me feel depressed, even though I know people tend to overemphasise everything on there. What are your reasons for not using Facebook?

It's usually the opposite.

People on FB all the time have no lives.

Latest

Trending

Trending