The Student Room Group

Do girls/women assume guys are a bit dumb with dating/sex/relationships?

By that, i mean do they think guys don't know about the games they play and don't know how to respond to these games/situations? The fact that they're often shocked that a guy would then ignore them and move on with their lives really annoys me somewhat.
Reply 1
Real talk brah.

Yeah girls like to play games, I reckon it's the case of them wanting to be wooed, or a lack of confidence/trust issues so they want to know that the guy wants them for real before committing.
Reply 2
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Real talk brah.

Yeah girls like to play games, I reckon it's the case of them wanting to be wooed, or a lack of confidence/trust issues so they want to know that the guy wants them for real before committing.

Some interesting observations and general pointers I personally have from my experiences with women. I don't want to start a separate thread, these are just personal experiences and observations that you can choose to take in if you want to. I want to shine some sense of truth from my perspective on this whole 'dating market' debate. These views will hopefully help enlighten some as to reality, i am very much of the school of thought that looks at things stripped back, i.e. cutting the bull**** and sentiment out of perception. I look at the "really real". :

- "No" , nearly always works well. They seem disturbed by the fact that we can reject them. Or it can be your way of telling them that their days are numbered with you. A girl who was playing games with me, we were lying in bed together and I had shaved my beard off after letting it grow. She went "Did you do it for me then?". I replied with the fact that my ex always used to nag to me about the beard, and that maybe girls don't like a beard contrary to popular belief.

- Confidence (arrogance is usually forgiven in the real world if you can charm her) works, sexual and emotional unavailability works. Alongside superficial (but she does not know that) charm and skillfully deployed intimate eye contact.

- Looks: Very, very, important. Contrary to what others may say. This gives you leverage, and you know with leverage we can move the world (Archimedes). In terms of casual sex, it is easy if you have the looks especially in the 21st century. Girls make it very obvious that they want to be approached if you have the looks. Their eyes give them away, they are not allowed to give many stronger hints than that overtly because of fear of being seen as easy to others. Guys should not give up if they have bad looks, but should know it is much more difficult for women who have the modern day privilege of masses of choice. I hate to sound conceited right now, but since i am writing a hopefully informative post... the level of attention if you have the looks is ridiculous especially in university. You just know if you have 'it' or not if you never have to work for the attention of girls.

Some examples:
For example, I was a law student. The girl who was going out with the Law Soc President, before one of our final exams, I had never spoken to her before. We sat next to each other in the seating plan for the exam. Before it, she was giving me very suggestive looks before one of the most important exams of our lives. Her boyfriend the society President? Sat a couple of rows in front of us. This type of thing happened all of the time in university, pretty much non stop. It was crazy.
Most recent occurrence of this type of thing was tonight. My sister is back at uni tomorrow after a weekend at my Dad's and I helped her take some stuff to her flat. She goes to the same uni a lot of the family including me went to. Her friend? We like each other. Obviously we cannot be any sort of overt because my sister. But, before I left I went to shake her hand and discreetly left her a note with my number on it. Could I have done this with Facebook? Yes. But, that would be boring.

Looks and love: Imo, looks really help to create the chemistry in her mind if you also know how to move the relationship along at every phase of the casual/longer term relationship. The idea of "chemistry" is literally a chemical reaction in her mind that puts her emotions into play. Looks are important for this, it helps to forge a bond if you know how to use your looks correctly (e.g. eye contact, sensuality, very very important). Women tend to lose their feelings of being in love with a less aesthetic man quicker than they do with an aesthetic man.

- Money: People say that it pulls women. But, it only really helps for quick dalliances if you know how to use it. For relationships? Does it help? **** no. Don't get into a relationship, ever, with a girl known for gold digging tendencies. The use of money is more important in how it can buy you social standing to get access to certain groups of girls. It is also helpful in buying pretty much anything including sex. But making the girl 'fall in love'? No. All things being equal, if you have looks, game and money then you're just the boss. But, if i had to pit just money against looks and 'game' then i would choose the latter every time in terms of the ability to get a woman 'hooked'.

- Girls with boyfriends are often even more 'available' than girls without boyfriends. The fact that you have the gall to even try to initiate cheating seems to work.

- Girls in the 'sex worthy' category and those in the 'quite good looking' category will make first moves on you (from something as subtle as flirtatious eye contact to more overt forms of suggestion) if you're a good looking confident guy. Those who say this does not happen in colleges and universities in the 21st century are obviously deluded or haven't experienced/seen it first hand. Prepare for a lot of clingers if you treat the not very good looking girls with kindness and politeness (if you're 'aesthetic'), they cling. Don't lead girls on unless you specifically hate something about their character.

- All is fair in love and war. Firstly, I tend to check on whether the girl in question has a tendency to treat other men badly. If she does, then I have no moral reservations about finding her weaknesses then exploiting them. Her insecurities should be fairly evident on social media platforms, bits of information are useful. E.g. If she has an insecurity about her cheekbones, use this. E.g. Look into her eyes and pinch her cheek gently, say something that makes it sound like you think she's cute, "awww cutey cheeks". Improv.

- Cheating: Trust no one. Even, and sometimes especially other males in your family. Friends too, of course. And of course, do not entirely trust the girl. People change very quickly.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Mr_Vain
Some interesting observations and general pointers I personally have from my experiences with women. I don't want to start a separate thread, these are just personal experiences and observations that you can choose to take in if you want to. I want to shine some sense of truth from my perspective on this whole 'dating market' debate. These views will hopefully help enlighten some as to reality, i am very much of the school of thought that looks at things stripped back, i.e. cutting the bull**** and sentiment out of perception. I look at the "really real". :

- "No" , nearly always works well. They seem disturbed by the fact that we can reject them. Or it can be your way of telling them that their days are numbered with you. A girl who was playing games with me, we were lying in bed together and I had shaved my beard off after letting it grow. She went "Did you do it for me then?". I replied with the fact that my ex always used to nag to me about the beard, and that maybe girls don't like a beard contrary to popular belief.

- Confidence (arrogance is usually forgiven in the real world if you can charm her) works, sexual and emotional unavailability works. Alongside superficial (but she does not know that) charm and skillfully deployed intimate eye contact.

- Looks: Very, very, important. Contrary to what others may say. This gives you leverage, and you know with leverage we can move the world (Archimedes). In terms of casual sex, it is easy if you have the looks especially in the 21st century. Girls make it very obvious that they want to be approached if you have the looks. Their eyes give them away, they are not allowed to give many stronger hints than that overtly because of fear of being seen as easy to others. Guys should not give up if they have bad looks, but should know it is much more difficult for women who have the modern day privilege of masses of choice. I hate to sound conceited right now, but since i am writing a hopefully informative post... the level of attention if you have the looks is ridiculous especially in university. You just know if you have 'it' or not if you never have to work for the attention of girls.

Some examples:
For example, I was a law student. The girl who was going out with the Law Soc President, before one of our final exams, I had never spoken to her before. We sat next to each other in the seating plan for the exam. Before it, she was giving me very suggestive looks before one of the most important exams of our lives. Her boyfriend the society President? Sat a couple of rows in front of us. This type of thing happened all of the time in university, pretty much non stop. It was crazy.
Most recent occurrence of this type of thing was tonight. My sister is back at uni tomorrow after a weekend at my Dad's and I helped her take some stuff to her flat. She goes to the same uni a lot of the family including me went to. Her friend? We like each other. Obviously we cannot be any sort of overt because my sister. But, before I left I went to shake her hand and discreetly left her a note with my number on it. Could I have done this with Facebook? Yes. But, that would be boring.

Looks and love: Imo, looks really help to create the chemistry in her mind if you also know how to move the relationship along at every phase of the casual/longer term relationship. The idea of "chemistry" is literally a chemical reaction in her mind that puts her emotions into play. Looks are important for this, it helps to forge a bond if you know how to use your looks correctly (e.g. eye contact, sensuality, very very important). Women tend to lose their feelings of being in love with a less aesthetic man quicker than they do with an aesthetic man.

- Money: People say that it pulls women. But, it only really helps for quick dalliances if you know how to use it. For relationships? Does it help? **** no. Don't get into a relationship, ever, with a girl known for gold digging tendencies. The use of money is more important in how it can buy you social standing to get access to certain groups of girls. It is also helpful in buying pretty much anything including sex. But making the girl 'fall in love'? No. All things being equal, if you have looks, game and money then you're just the boss. But, if i had to pit just money against looks and 'game' then i would choose the latter every time in terms of the ability to get a woman 'hooked'.

- Girls with boyfriends are often even more 'available' than girls without boyfriends. The fact that you have the gall to even try to initiate cheating seems to work.

- Girls in the 'sex worthy' category and those in the 'quite good looking' category will make first moves on you (from something as subtle as flirtatious eye contact to more overt forms of suggestion) if you're a good looking confident guy. Those who say this does not happen in colleges and universities in the 21st century are obviously deluded or haven't experienced/seen it first hand. Prepare for a lot of clingers if you treat the not very good looking girls with kindness and politeness (if you're 'aesthetic'), they cling. Don't lead girls on unless you specifically hate something about their character.

- All is fair in love and war. Firstly, I tend to check on whether the girl in question has a tendency to treat other men badly. If she does, then I have no moral reservations about finding her weaknesses then exploiting them. Her insecurities should be fairly evident on social media platforms, bits of information are useful. E.g. If she has an insecurity about her cheekbones, use this. E.g. Look into her eyes and pinch her cheek gently, say something that makes it sound like you think she's cute, "awww cutey cheeks". Improv.

- Cheating: Trust no one. Even, and sometimes especially other males in your family. Friends too, of course. And of course, do not entirely trust the girl. People change very quickly.

I feel like your whole world is one big safari and you spend your time hiding behind plants and observing the human mating game from afar.

Prepare for a string of abusive posts from the 'we hate men' society.

I, however, agree with most of your points. Generally, we girls are shallow and manipulative to some extent, particularly when the dating game is fresh and exciting. After a while, it tends to get old, and we eventually revert back to being relatively normal human beings.

Also, it is fun to observe. Mainly because 90% of the time, you know you're about to witness an epic failure.
I think that with the general expectation of society that men have to ask out the women, pay for dinner etc (now it's changing slightly), but from that expectation, women tend to be put on their high horse and want to be acting like they are doing that guy a favour going out with him when in reality, she probably wasn't the first option on his list. I think it's a false sense of how important they really are, especially considering these problems happen when they are not in relationships and during the first stages of dating, or afterwards during a break up.
Reply 5
Original post by Nerol
I feel like your whole world is one big safari and you spend your time hiding behind plants and observing the human mating game from afar.

Prepare for a string of abusive posts from the 'we hate men' society.

I, however, agree with most of your points. Generally, we girls are shallow and manipulative to some extent, particularly when the dating game is fresh and exciting. After a while, it tends to get old, and we eventually revert back to being relatively normal human beings.

Also, it is fun to observe. Mainly because 90% of the time, you know you're about to witness an epic failure.

Kind of. I can't help being in it myself because I am human, but i have time that others do not have because i sit back and observe my environment. I have not gone in and ever done the whole 'lad' thing and chase after the girls, it is not my style. Nor do i attempt to be popular. I did not have many friends in university, however my personal rule was to not befriend any less than good looking people. Harsh, but, i did not go to university looking for close friendships. I worked very hard on the things I have always worked hard on: academic work, gym, sports. I value putting the least amount of work in yielding the maximum return for women, that is the way i approach things.

Another thing with the last quote i have bolded from you is this. With the university environment and indeed many others these mistakes people make when they go all out and 'try' is what ultimately casts them down in the estimations of many. E.g. The poor sod who could not get his dick up for sex and it got revealed to the whole law school. This can happen pretty early in their university lives and it sticks with them because gossip travels fast. Meanwhile, if you sit back and you're more tactical over sometimes even capitalising on such mistakes, then it really helps to realise the goal of : doing the minimum amount of work for the maximum yield. I know it sounds very unethical, realpolitik etc, but, I am just putting this out there as information, a way of looking at things differently to the regular approach people promote of "just get out there and express yourself".

I have been approaching this environment with my thought process for nearly 7 years now with little changes to my approach, so it has been a long time.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Mr_Vain
Kind of. I can't help being in it myself because I am human, but i have time that others do not have because i sit back and observe my environment. I have not gone in and ever done the whole 'lad' thing and chase after the girls, it is not my style. Nor do i attempt to be popular. I did not have many friends in university, however my personal rule was to not befriend any less than good looking people. Harsh, but, i did not go to university looking for close friendships. I worked very hard on the things I have always worked hard on: academic work, gym, sports. I value putting the least amount of work in yielding the maximum return for women, that is the way i approach things.

Another thing with the last quote i have bolded from you is this. With the university environment and indeed many others these mistakes people make when they go all out and 'try' is what ultimately casts them down in the estimations of many. E.g. The poor sod who could not get his dick up for sex and it got revealed to the whole law school. This can happen pretty early in their university lives and it sticks with them because gossip travels fast. Meanwhile, if you sit back and you're more tactical over sometimes even capitalising on such mistakes, then it really helps to realise the goal of : doing the minimum amount of work for the maximum yield. I know it sounds very unethical, realpolitik etc, but, I am just putting this out there as information, a way of looking at things differently to the regular approach people promote of "just get out there and express yourself".

I have been approaching this environment with my thought process for nearly 7 years now with little changes to my approach, so it has been a long time.

You're a strange kind of person, aren't you?
Reply 7
Original post by Nerol
You're a strange kind of person, aren't you?

I don't know really. If you count the fact that i see the vast majority of people as 'studies' and 'opportunities' then perhaps yes. I really care about animal rights (more so than human rights) and the thrill of making straight men develop feelings for me. I guess those are more strange past times for a 22 year old man? I am not gay by any means (in the traditional sense of desiring sex with men), I just like the feeling of being loved by beautiful men, because quite honestly i prefer it to the love of women. I do know when i have pushed too far though and i need to stop, i do have some moral code.
Reply 8
Original post by Mr_Vain
I don't know really. If you count the fact that i see the vast majority of people as 'studies' and 'opportunities' then perhaps yes. I really care about animal rights (more so than human rights) and the thrill of making straight men develop feelings for me. I guess those are more strange past times for a 22 year old man? I am not gay by any means (in the traditional sense of desiring sex with men), I just like the feeling of being loved by beautiful men, because quite honestly i prefer it to the love of women. I do know when i have pushed too far though and i need to stop, i do have some moral code.

Sounds like a lonely life to me. Glad to hear about the animal rights though. Unfortunately, I live in a place where they don't exist (in fact, human rights aren't that much better).

Honestly, it seems like you have issues, my friend! But, hey, whatever floats your boat! As long as you at least have a few people who aren't just studies, I'm sure you won't be doomed to a life living in an underground crevice, with only the rats as friends.
Original post by Mr_Vain

Some examples:

I feel that a lot of these things also apply to men. We are both as bad as eachother.

However, there are some genuinely decent people out there male and female you just have to concentrate on them rather than being concerned with the people that aren't worth thinking about.
Reply 10
Original post by Mr_Vain
x.

You're a very interesting guy, but I understand you tbh. Best to be discrete about it than to get baited up. Happened to people in my sixth form, the LADs who tried to get with loads of girls, eventually some guy on facebook baited up everybodys sex stories, saying the girls who did anal and the guys who had sex with what girl.
Original post by Mr_Vain
Some interesting observations and general pointers I personally have from my experiences with women....

Wow, you don't treat women nicely at all. What's the point of being with someone you're just gunna treat like crap?

I find it ironic how you're blasting women for playing games and being superficial. Isn't this a bit hypocritical of you? Find her insecurities and exploit them? Sounds like emotional abuse if you ask me.
Reply 12
Original post by bammy jastard 27
You're a very interesting guy, but I understand you tbh. Best to be discrete about it than to get baited up. Happened to people in my sixth form, the LADs who tried to get with loads of girls, eventually some guy on facebook baited up everybodys sex stories, saying the girls who did anal and the guys who had sex with what girl.

True. I learnt most of those hard lessons in sixth form, it was there where I got ****ed over and realise that i had to change. In university I drastically improved my handling of the whole scene (after coming to the realisation of what to focus on/devote time to and what to ignore) after a gap year. It is kind of like seeing the matrix.

And at the moment, I am very happy. I am very happy today because I have seen that one of my best friends has got himself a new and better looking girlfriend after the old cheated on him and strung him along as a 'friend'. There is the good feeling that I helped him out, but he is a kind-hearted man who is just trying to get through his degree without the emotional bull**** so i am glad i helped him find some sense of happiness.
Reply 13
Original post by Mr_Vain

- All is fair in love and war. Firstly, I tend to check on whether the girl in question has a tendency to treat other men badly. If she does, then I have no moral reservations about finding her weaknesses then exploiting them. Her insecurities should be fairly evident on social media platforms, bits of information are useful. E.g. If she has an insecurity about her cheekbones, use this.

I stand firmly behind this. Justice and fairness should always be appropriately dished out. Critics will say you are horrible, I would say you are simply adapting to your environment and the situations you are faced using past knowledge and experiences.
I found this all very disturbing. Luckily I don't seem to attract guys like you.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending