The Student Room Group

Smoking should be banned in ALL doorways, and within 10 feet of any entrance

I've posted before about how I think smokers are filthy scum who never have any consideration for other people when they smoke. I've also posted about how I think smoking should be banned in public places. Well I reckon it should at least be banned from ALL entrances and doorways, including within 10 feet. No, you can not smoke in the doorways. You must smoke OUTSIDE. I'm sick and tired of walking out into a cloud of smoke every time I go through a door.
Agree. I don't want to breathe it in

I have nothing against smokers, but having them congregate in groups around doorways, particularly in hospitals, is inconsiderate and rude.

I once had an asthma attack that required an ambulance to be called because I was reading a book and someone sat next to me and started smoking Really annoying. Obviously not an entrance, but the point is cigarette smoke can affect people, and entrance ways can't be avoided, so they shouldn't smoke there.
Reply 2
Original post by joebloggs434
I've posted before about how I think smokers are filthy scum who never have any consideration for other people when they smoke. I've also posted about how I think smoking should be banned in public places. Well I reckon it should at least be banned from ALL entrances and doorways, including within 10 feet. No, you can not smoke in the doorways. You must smoke OUTSIDE. I'm sick and tired of walking out into a cloud of smoke every time I go through a door.

You need to realise the world doesn't revolve around you lol. A lot of places do not allow smoking at their doorways and require you to go somewhere further away. I certainly don't know places that allow people to smoke in their doorways, not a very convenient place to stand anyway as people are constantly walking through. Why don't you just buy a mask or something a little bit of smoke isn't going to harm you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Preach!

i hate that ****
I wouldn't be happy unless people were completely banned from smoking anywhere remotely near me, but yes I agree they should definitely be banned from smoking near entrances. I hate it especially when people light up on thin pavements or walkways so you're forced to walk behind them or stop for ages until they sod off.

I just don't understand smoking as a habit, it seems to waste so much of people's time too, work colleagues who smoke are forever on fag breaks.
Reply 5
Original post by Antifazian
I wouldn't be happy unless people were completely banned from smoking anywhere remotely near me, but yes I agree they should definitely be banned from smoking near entrances. I hate it especially when people light up on thin pavements or walkways so you're forced to walk behind them or stop for ages until they sod off.

I just don't understand smoking as a habit, it seems to waste so much of people's time too, work colleagues who smoke are forever on fag breaks.

Have you ever tried smoking? It feels good.
Original post by nohomo
Have you ever tried smoking? It feels good.

Yes I tried it once, it was disgusting. I realise that people get addicted to the chemicals and all that, but it has to be one of the single worst things you can do for your health, surely that's enough of an incentive not to.
What a load of *******s, you sent like a million messages to girls asking if they would take photos or make vids of them smoking for you because it's your fetish.

I don't get you, like, it's not even funny.
Reply 8
Original post by Viva Emptiness
What a load of *******s, you sent like a million messages to girls asking if they would take photos or make vids of them smoking for you because it's your fetish.

I don't get you, like, it's not even funny.

I never sent 'a million messages', I certainly don't remember hearing back from you. And there's a difference between a fetish and reality. I may like the sight of an attractive girl smoking in pics or videos, but I don't really like the smell or being stuck behind smokers in the street.
Original post by joebloggs434
I never sent 'a million messages', I certainly don't remember hearing back from you. And there's a difference between a fetish and reality. I may like the sight of an attractive girl smoking in pics or videos, but I don't really like the smell or being stuck behind smokers in the street.

Lol, why on earth would you expect to hear back from me?
Reply 10
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Lol, why on earth would you expect to hear back from me?

Well you know about the messages I sent, therefore I must have sent one to you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending