The Student Room Group

Lone Survivor...A true story of the courage and honor of American soldiers.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
@ "courage and honor" and "American soldiers" being in the same sentence.

Original post by ckingalt
Every isolated incident is reported

Great more hollywood propaganda to get the goyim into fighting wars. This is probably why war games are so popular like COD the military must love it.
Reply 22
Original post by WhiteLiberator
Great more hollywood propaganda to get the goyim into fighting wars. This is probably why war games are so popular like COD the military must love it.

I saw goldstein laughing on the way to the bank
Original post by Tablo
No its because the racist imperialistic regimes running the two party states of the UK and the US don't care for brown people.

Is the "brown" guy in the White House just a ploy?

LOL. Don't like brown people. I was married to a "brown people". The baby was sort of beige though.
Original post by goldenfish
You obviously don't know about something called 'baiting' which was done by American and British snipers in Iraq.
Snipers drop a weapon or ammo on the ground and begin to watch It from a distance, any person civilian or not who takes an interest in the bait is shot on the premise the the weapon dropped by the sniper will be used against them.

American troops are known to torture civilians in the middle east and it's documented in camera footage by the Americans themselves.

You'd have to be unbelievably naive to believe that American / British soldiers don't torture / kill civilians for no reason.

It's much more widespread then most believe
Posted from TSR Mobile

Your as full of ----as a Christmas goose. Would you torture someone? I wouldn't either. Those troops are the same as you and me. No different. There are dozens of Americans doing time in Leavenworth Prison for misconduct. If a troop does mistreat a civilian he's prosecuted. If it were common place, like perhaps in WWII this wouldn't be the case. British and American troops are known for their even handed treatment of non-combatants.
Original post by Oldcon1953
Your as full of ----as a Christmas goose. Would you torture someone? I wouldn't either. Those troops are the same as you and me. No different. There are dozens of Americans doing time in Leavenworth Prison for misconduct. If a troop does mistreat a civilian he's prosecuted. If it were common place, like perhaps in WWII this wouldn't be the case. British and American troops are known for their even handed treatment of non-combatants.

Yes, because all soldiers who committed crimes would admit to them!

If they're the same as you and me they wouldn't be good soldiers.

I'm not saying ALL soldiers would do this, but not everyone who do it are caught.
My question is this; Marcus Luttrell has since stated that if he had it to do over again he would have executed the two goat herders. After all, their actions of alerting the enemy did indeed prove their intent to be hostile towards the soldiers. More importantly, his teammates would still be alive if they had chosen otherwise. Considering the perfect clarity that hindsight affords this situation, would executing the old man and boy be justifiable?

Also, how do people who regard American Soldiers as immoral killers recklessly attacking civilian noncombatants, contend with this clear example of soldiers behaving in exactly the opposite manner? Even doing so at their own peril.

Clearly he would have shot them, the release of them almost got them all killed, any killing can be justified should you fear your own life to be in danger, especially in times of war.

You realise the film most likely embellishes the actions of the soldiers to be more favourable and those of the enemy to be worse? It's based on the true story, it's not a full account, it's dramatised. That said, I'm not a fan of US soldiers in general, having had the unfortunate displeasure to be around a group of US Marines, they're ridiculously stupid and unable to think for themselves, those in command are no better, all drones doing as their told by those above them despite the clear stupidity of some orders.
Original post by tehFrance
Clearly he would have shot them, the release of them almost got them all killed, any killing can be justified should you fear your own life to be in danger, especially in times of war.

You realise the film most likely embellishes the actions of the soldiers to be more favourable and those of the enemy to be worse? It's based on the true story, it's not a full account, it's dramatised. That said, I'm not a fan of US soldiers in general, having had the unfortunate displeasure to be around a group of US Marines, they're ridiculously stupid and unable to think for themselves, those in command are no better, all drones doing as their told by those above them despite the clear stupidity of some orders.

WOW ! If a Marine thought for himself more Marines would die. Doing what those above him say is called the Chain of Command. It's the same in any Army without which you would probably be speaking English as a second language.
WOW ! If a Marine thought for himself more Marines would die. Doing what those above him say is called the Chain of Command. It's the same in any Army without which you would probably be speaking English as a second language.

I'm speaking English as a second/third language anyway... so yeah :s-smilie:

What I meant is that none of them have any brains, which is appalling as I know in the Royal Marines you're expected to have brains yet the US Marines, you're not? :lolwut:
Reply 29

What I meant is that none of them have any brains, which is appalling as I know in the Royal Marines you're expected to have brains yet the US Marines, you're not? :lolwut:

First of all, some U.S. Marines are 18 year old kids who don't know any better. Some U.S. Marines are something else entirely. Two judge the entire force because you were once exposed to the former is a bit daft.

Secondly, this particular incident involves Navy SEALs. I doubt you possess adequate insight or credentials to suggest that they lack intelligence or an ability for independent thought.

I've got quite drunk with R.M.s in the past. The only difference I noticed was they seemed to be better at darts.
good film.
Original post by the bear
the goat herders were lucky not to fall into the clutches of the Royal Marines

Not really, there probably was a more practical backdrop of not killing the goat herders since the US really don't have any moral ground in war.
First of all, some U.S. Marines are 18 year old kids who don't know any better. Some U.S. Marines are something else entirely. Two judge the entire force because you were once exposed to the former is a bit daft.

Secondly, this particular incident involves Navy SEALs. I doubt you possess adequate insight or credentials to suggest that they lack intelligence or an ability for independent thought.

Why are you assuming I was with 18 year old Marines?

SEALs are indeed better in general as they're the best of the best in the US like the RM for the UK (SAS and SBS are from RM and other parts of the armed forces and selection done within not externally so excluded from this). Again you make idiotic assumptions without knowing my background.
I've got quite drunk with R.M.s in the past. The only difference I noticed was they seemed to be better at darts.

Congratulations :s-smilie:

Again though, why do you think I wouldn't be speaking English as a second language? Are you by chance, an American whom thinks the world speaks English and that no one comes from say France or Germany, two languages I'd sooner (and do) speak than English.
Reply 34
Original post by ArrheniusZwei
Not really, there probably was a more practical backdrop of not killing the goat herders since the US really don't have any moral ground in war.

Like what? Their moral objection towards killing noncombatants was the only reason.

SEALs are indeed better in general as they're the best of the best in the US like the RM for the UK (SAS and SBS are from RM and other parts of the armed forces and selection done within not externally so excluded from this). Again you make idiotic assumptions without knowing my background.

Congratulations :s-smilie:

Again though, why do you think I wouldn't be speaking English as a second language? Are you by chance, an American whom thinks the world speaks English and that no one comes from say France or Germany, two languages I'd sooner (and do) speak than English.

I'm an American who thinks France and Germany don't count. Both countries can stuff it.
I'm an American who thinks France and Germany don't count. Both countries can stuff it.

Likewise the US can 'stuff it' and bugger off out of world affairs, the US is a declining super-power and has no right to be world police, never really had that right to start with tbh.
Reply 37

I was referring to 18 year olds to use as an example. I assume that you were around some Marines who happened to be behaving like idiots. I concede that the Marines have its' fair share of such types. Not all though.

I would put SEALS and SAS/SBS on a level of higher caliber when compared to most Oxbridge/Ivy league academics. Equal in mental capacity and far superior in terms of character.
Likewise the US can 'stuff it' and bugger off out of world affairs, the US is a declining super-power and has no right to be world police, never really had that right to start with tbh.

I don't think we ever looked on it as a right. If not us, someone would, I'm sure, be filling our role whatever that role is. France and Germany are hardly capable or they would be doing it.
Like what? Their moral objection towards killing noncombatants was the only reason.

Hard to say since I doubt they would disclose full details of any SF operation. In any case, this is the same country that harboured war criminals, orchestrated false-flag attacks, proposed to terrorise its own citizens and chemically screwed Vietnam to ****.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending