The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing, London Based Uni's

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
[QUOTE="SadiaAlia29;46102398"]
Original post by jaimex
Hi, I have been through test days at greenwich and LSBU Havering now in respect of London Unis and passed both. greenwich I found much easier than LSBU. I'm doing an access course and the maths questions were much harder at LSBU than we had prepared!! Alot of people on the test day for LSBU failed I have heard. The English test at LSBU I found incredible easy. I have read through many threads on here saying how basic the maths test was but I've been to four test days at London and essex Uni's and LSBU was by far the hardest Maths one! People were sighing through the exam and I couldn't be sure that I'd achieved the 7/10 that is required. I'm being interviewed next week for LSBU, so fingers crossed...[/QUOTE

Oh wow!!!!!!
That's just shaken me up a bit !
What was it that made it difficult besides the fact it's non calculator ?

At Greenwich, I'd say it was mainly basic maths, for example if you want to go on holiday and for an adult it costs £xxx and for a child it costs £XXX then what would it cost a family of 2 adults and 2 children. Also, looking at the bus timetable below, what time does the bus arrive at xx station. At LSBU the questions were worded in such a way that they could be misinterpreted. It began with fractions which weren't too bad, then ratios, if you go onto SNAP NHS practice questions (google it) the questions were very similar. I'd practised these for Essex Uni but only with a calculator, so was very surprised that you had to calculate them without one at LSBU! At college we had practiced the old multiple choice papers that LSBU used last year. All I can say is practice long multiplication and division as much as you can! I know we are at all different standards at Maths, but I've just passed my GCSE equivalent and this was harder. Please read the question over and over and this is where alot of people fell down. Sorry to worry anyone, but I wish someone has told me this before I went. However, I did pass and found out about 2 hours later on track.
Reply 41
[QUOTE="jaimex;46102990"]
Original post by SadiaAlia29

At Greenwich, I'd say it was mainly basic maths, for example if you want to go on holiday and for an adult it costs £xxx and for a child it costs £XXX then what would it cost a family of 2 adults and 2 children. Also, looking at the bus timetable below, what time does the bus arrive at xx station. At LSBU the questions were worded in such a way that they could be misinterpreted. It began with fractions which weren't too bad, then ratios, if you go onto SNAP NHS practice questions (google it) the questions were very similar. I'd practised these for Essex Uni but only with a calculator, so was very surprised that you had to calculate them without one at LSBU! At college we had practiced the old multiple choice papers that LSBU used last year. All I can say is practice long multiplication and division as much as you can! I know we are at all different standards at Maths, but I've just passed my GCSE equivalent and this was harder. Please read the question over and over and this is where alot of people fell down. Sorry to worry anyone, but I wish someone has told me this before I went. However, I did pass and found out about 2 hours later on track.

Oh great advice thanks!!
I've used snap a lot since Middlesex advices it and there was a question on there that came up in the lsbu sample paper which puzzled me abit considering it looked like something that needed a calculator.

I mean there's only so much we can do and that's just to keep practising, but thanks for your tips and advice. good luck with you interview and keep us posted !! :smile:
Original post by pretty priscy
Am going to selection day tests at Kingston on 31st too. Not heard from the others getting really nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got mine on the 31st as well
Reply 43
Original post by Philippatw
Does anybody know if the 'test day' at LSBU is just the maths and English tests and the interview at a later date or is the interview on the same day? I have one this Friday for Adult Nursing...

Hey Philippa

Just wanted to know how your tests went at LSBU. How was it, maths ? English ?

Please let me know as I have my test this Friday :smile:
Thanks
Reply 44
Hey Philippa

Just wanted to know how your tests went at LSBU. How was it, maths ? English ?

Please let me know as I have my test this Friday :smile:
Thanks

So sorry, I had to rearrange it! Good luck for Friday. Let me know how it goes :smile:
Reply 45
Hi, were you at the kings selection day last Wednesday? If so, have you heard anything back yet? I am so anxious!! I just want to know either way but I suppose no news is good news x
Original post by fifimas
Thanks. Seemed to go okay. Just need to wait now to see if I get an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
[QUOTE="SadiaAlia29;46103422"]
Original post by jaimex

Oh great advice thanks!!
I've used snap a lot since Middlesex advices it and there was a question on there that came up in the lsbu sample paper which puzzled me abit considering it looked like something that needed a calculator.

I mean there's only so much we can do and that's just to keep practising, but thanks for your tips and advice. good luck with you interview and keep us posted !! :smile:

I had my interview today. It was very relaxed. The lady went through my tests results with me plus the mendas test. Questions were scenario based. Was there for 4 hours though hanging around! Last hurdle - just waiting to hear now!
Reply 47
Original post by molliec123
Hi, were you at the kings selection day last Wednesday? If so, have you heard anything back yet? I am so anxious!! I just want to know either way but I suppose no news is good news x

Not heard yet......hope to hear soon, the waiting Is killing me ;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 48
Let me know when you do! :smile:
Original post by fifimas
Not heard yet......hope to hear soon, the waiting I skinning me ;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
[QUOTE="jaimex;46153449"]

I had my interview today. It was very relaxed. The lady went through my tests results with me plus the mendas test. Questions were scenario based. Was there for 4 hours though hanging around! Last hurdle - just waiting to hear now!

Oh okay thats great, glad to know it was relaxed
Wish you luck!!
Reply 50
i applied to do adult nursing at kings, LSBU, greenwich, city and UWE (random). Out of those i have only heard back from LSBU and Greenwich. Ive done the tests at both and LSBU much harder than greenwich! i scrapped through with 7/10 which i was told on my interview. I have an offer from LSBU for adult which i got within half an hour of the interview. I am waiting to hear back from greenwich following my selection day last wednesday. The maths was easy and as long as you plan your answer to the english and structure it well, that was also easy. Greenwich is my first choice so im praying to hear from them soon
Reply 51
Original post by Tag30
i applied to do adult nursing at kings, LSBU, greenwich, city and UWE (random). Out of those i have only heard back from LSBU and Greenwich. Ive done the tests at both and LSBU much harder than greenwich! i scrapped through with 7/10 which i was told on my interview. I have an offer from LSBU for adult which i got within half an hour of the interview. I am waiting to hear back from greenwich following my selection day last wednesday. The maths was easy and as long as you plan your answer to the english and structure it well, that was also easy. Greenwich is my first choice so im praying to hear from them soon

Congratz and good luck!!
Can you be bit more specific on how the maths and the english at LSBU, i have mine on friday.
Reply 52
Original post by Tag30

I agree with you about the Greenwich and LSBU tests as per my post earlier in this thread. For your info I took my greenwich tests in December but don't have an interview with them til February! I had my interview yesterday at LSBU - there were 14 of us interviewed but I haven't heard anything yet. We were told at least a week! I wish it was as quick as your offer as it's my first choice! Good luck with Greenwich.
Hi all..can you tell me what question you had to answer on literacy in greenwich and lsbu,were there different questions for adult and mental health?
Reply 54
Had my maths and Literacy ay LSBU today. Maths questions were quite tricky as they were wordy and you really need to read them to see what is being asked! That's all I can say...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Just received a conditional offer from KCL for Adult Nursing. Very happy :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Wow, I'm so jealous! Well done
Original post by fifimas
Just received a conditional offer from KCL for Adult Nursing. Very happy :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Been invited to a selection day at city uni,anyone else heard back?
Reply 58
Not heard from City yet either....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by blue diamond
Been invited to a selection day at city uni,anyone else heard back?

Congrats !!! :smile:

I have no news from city unfortunately, but Im just being patient although it's been at least 6 weeks.

Just had my lsbu entry tests today was better than expected consider no calc but let's hope for the best :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending