The Student Room Group

A good combination of A level options?

For my A-levels I am planning to take the following subjects; Biology; Chemistry; Geography and Spanish. I was wondering if these would be a good combination of subjects to take. I don't really have an idea of what I want to do in the future yet but i am currently in year 11 and will have to be deciding my A level options in the near future.
Reply 1
They sound pretty good to me (being in year 12), it keeps your options open at least. You don't like 'writing' subjects (history, english)?
Reply 2
No, not at all. The English department in my college is awful so I haven't enjoyed it and I don't like History.
Reply 3
Original post by ssamarai
For my A-levels I am planning to take the following subjects; Biology; Chemistry; Geography and Spanish. I was wondering if these would be a good combination of subjects to take. I don't really have an idea of what I want to do in the future yet but i am currently in year 11 and will have to be deciding my A level options in the near future.

I am in y12 currently, but I am taking the wrong subjects because it was only later on through y12 that I decided what degree I wanted to do!

I want to retake the year and do biology and chemistry, and I am doing Spanish already.
Personally, I'd say they are a very nice selection, not too similar to each other and they each have their own specific ways of revision, which can be quite enjoyable at times and makes sixth form a lot less boring as well as stressful!

Biology requires a lot a reading and memorizing key facts, for chemistry I'd say to do loads of past papers and practice questions, like maths, and Spanish just revise the tenses, nice to have 1 essay based subject as well!

All in all, I think you have a great combination and should be well rounded as long as you achieve the grades you need :smile:
Sounds good to me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thanks everyone for your replies. Very helpful and I think that this will be my chosen combination :-)

Quick Reply

Latest