The Student Room Group

Next retail job interview advice pleeeeease!!

Hi, I've got a job interview for a sales consultant role at Next on Wednesday. Then rang me up and I got through the phone interview part and they said to wear something smart as I'd be on the shop floor just to get a feel of what it would be like to work there. I've had jobs before and interviews before but I don't know what to expect for the shop floor part as I've never had an interview like this? Any advice/tips on what I should/shouldn't do please?

Also, what kind of questions do they ask in the interview? Like I think I'll be ok answering general questions like why next etc but what kind of scenario based questions do they ask? And do they ask any questions related to current fashion trends?

Any advice from people who work at next or had an interview there would be great please!

Thankssss !

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't been told if I've got an interview yet but I got an email saying that I'd been shortlisted but when I applied it outlined the application process and said that the in store bit would just be a trial run of the job for an hour to see if you like it and they like you. Sorry I couldn't't help you anymore. How long did it take them to ring you after you'd been shortlisted?
Reply 2
Original post by Photographer406
I haven't been told if I've got an interview yet but I got an email saying that I'd been shortlisted but when I applied it outlined the application process and said that the in store bit would just be a trial run of the job for an hour to see if you like it and they like you. Sorry I couldn't't help you anymore. How long did it take them to ring you after you'd been shortlisted?

Oh it's fine, I'm sure it will be ok.. Just makes me nervous knowing feeling like I'm being watched but I think the hour will probs go quickly. I got the short listed email on 18th so two days but this may depend on different stores etcc they phone you so watch out for an unknown number and they give you a little interview but it's pretty much what's in your application anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
I always get shortlisted then an email saying i was unsuccessful.... Only once i got a call from Next and that was a job far away and even then they said they couldn't proceed because shifts had to be done after 10pm :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending