The Student Room Group

What is going on with me?

A bit of background, I am 21 years old, and I have been with Mental Health Services since I was 14. I have a diagnosis of Emotionally Unstable (Borderline) Personality Disorder, Depression, Anxiety, and a Phobia. I take medication for this.

Recently I have been experiencing some odd things. It started about a year ago when I was watching TV and the person doing the weather for the news started talking to me. He gave me certain numbers which was a coded message. I decoded the message and I found out some very worrying things about the government... Secrets they don't want me to know. Since then, people close to me have become ill with the following symptoms - headaches, feeling sick, tiredness, severe pain, depression and hallucinations. I also had some of those symptoms.

After a while I worked out what was going on - the government are growing mind control devices in our heads, and due to the pressure the device causes on the brain, people will get symptoms similar to a brain tumour. I did research and I found that some radiowaves can cause tumours, or in this case, mind control devices. The government are using telephone masts to grow these mind control devices in mine and others head. My mum got admitted to hospital due to these symptoms and they diagnosed her with a brain tumour. They say they have removed it, but I don't believe this. I believe that the government took out the mind control device to ensure it is working correctly, before placing it back in her.

As more and more people got ill, I got more fearful of the government. I now believe they have control over me and people close to me, especially my girlfriend. My girlfriend has been ill recently and this is their fault. They are also controlling her to spy on me. She has become very secretive, never letting me use her computer or go anywhere near her phone. I believe that she is sending texts to the government about me so they can keep an eye on me.

The government are trying all they can to eliminate everyone around me. They want to take everything away from me so I can't tell anyone their secrets. Recently, they have been controlling my thoughts, and also partially controlling my body - telling me to harm my girlfriend and her friend who is staying with us. Their goal with this is to get me put in prison for murder, or to make me as alone as possible, to destroy my life. All this is just because I happened to find out a few secrets, I never went looking for it.

I can hear them talking to me, via my thoughts and also what sounds like a muffled speaker near my ears. They tell me that they are after me, that spies are watching me and that I'm going to be alone.

Is there anything wrong with me? Recently, I was in a psychiatric hospital for a bit, after I got arrested by the police. I don't think that psychiatry will help me, I really need help with getting my loved ones to safety and protecting them from the government. I have asked A&E to remove my mind control device, and others, but they don't take me seriously.

I'm completely lost. What do people think?

TL;DR: The government are after me and my loved ones. I don't know what to do.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
x

Go to the doctors and get them to institutionalize you. That way you wont be able to hurt other people and they wont need to put up with your paranoid delusions :yep:.

What did you get arrested for?
Reply 2
Original post by Gjaykay
Go to the doctors and get them to institutionalize you. That way you wont be able to hurt other people and they wont need to put up with your paranoid delusions :yep:.

What did you get arrested for?

I was in psych hospital recently, but it wasn't helping me due to my phobia (I have a phobia of sick, so I find it impossible to be somewhere without my own bathroom, where there are other people being sick and people touching my food), so I discharged myself. I don't think the drs will put me back into hospital.

Well, it wasn't an arrest as such, I got arrested under the Mental Health Act as I absconded from A&E where I was due to see the psych team, and when the police came I ran away and they had to restrain me as I thought they were spies and I was trying to push them away, so they arrested me so they could take me to a psychiatric hospital.
Do you have a psychiatrist? If so, please speak to them. If not, please go to the Dr.

Where are you from? See if you can contact your local Early Intervention Team.

I believe you are currently in the depths of a psychotic episode. You will need to sort out your meds, but after this you will be fine. It's going to take time.
I agree with Incandescent, you need to talk over these thoughts with a doctor as it sounds like something serious is going on here.
Reply 5
I was in psych hospital recently, but it wasn't helping me due to my phobia (I have a phobia of sick, so I find it impossible to be somewhere without my own bathroom, where there are other people being sick and people touching my food), so I discharged myself. I don't think the drs will put me back into hospital.

Well, it wasn't an arrest as such, I got arrested under the Mental Health Act as I absconded from A&E where I was due to see the psych team, and when the police came I ran away and they had to restrain me as I thought they were spies and I was trying to push them away, so they arrested me so they could take me to a psychiatric hospital.

You sound a lot like my sister. She had a psychotic breakdown recently and had paranoid delusions/heard things. She's now medicated and her symptoms have ceased. I'm not saying this to be offensive but it sounds to me like you're really, really unwell and I don't think it's due to your personality disorder. Have you told anyone you trust about your worries?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Incandescent
Do you have a psychiatrist? If so, please speak to them. If not, please go to the Dr.

Where are you from? See if you can contact your local Early Intervention Team.

I believe you are currently in the depths of a psychotic episode. You will need to sort out your meds, but after this you will be fine. It's going to take time.

I have a psychiatrist. I am seeing him on Friday for just a general check up. I live in West London. i will try and mention this to him but I don't know if I can trust him. Thanks

Original post by Sabertooth
I agree with Incandescent, you need to talk over these thoughts with a doctor as it sounds like something serious is going on here.

I will try and talk to the doctor when I see him. Thank you :smile:

Original post by Chihiro95
You sound a lot like my sister. She had a psychotic breakdown recently and had paranoid delusions/heard things. She's now medicated and her symptoms have ceased. I'm not saying this to be offensive but it sounds to me like you're really, really unwell and I don't think it's due to your personality disorder. Have you told anyone you trust about your worries?

I'm glad your sister is doing better now. I have spoken to my girlfriend about the bits I feel comfortable with. I also talked briefly to one of the ward doctors. It doesn't seem right that this isn't real, it feels very real, and some people have reported similar things about the government, so there must be some truth to it? I don't know anymore, this feels so real, even though people say it isn't.
I don't know anymore, this feels so real, even though people say it isn't.

That's the problem with this kind of thing, it feels extremely real and it's very difficult to take a step back and look at things rationally. Last year I had similar thoughts to you, I thought I had electronic chips in my ears because of constant earache but in the end it just turned out to be my wisdom teeth coming through. I've also experienced people on the tv giving me messages, at one point I was convinced I had to kill myself to save my family from the government. I told my psychiatrist about all of this - even though, like you, I didn't know for sure that I could trust her. But yeah, I started a new medication and now I'm about 85% sure that what I believed before isn't true. It's amazing how much difference medication can make so I'd definitely advise you to talk to your psychiatrist. They exist to help people who have such thoughts and your psychiatrist can help you too although you need to try your hardest to trust them. If it makes it easier you could just print your post here and hand it to your psychiatrist to read I think you've done a good job of describing exactly what you're going through. Good luck. If you ever feel the need to talk to someone you can pm me or just reply here :smile: I hope you feel better soon.
Reply 8
A bit of background, I am 21 years old, and I have been with Mental Health Services since I was 14. I have a diagnosis of Emotionally Unstable (Borderline) Personality Disorder, Depression, Anxiety, and a Phobia. I take medication for this.

Recently I have been experiencing some odd things. It started about a year ago when I was watching TV and the person doing the weather for the news started talking to me. He gave me certain numbers which was a coded message. I decoded the message and I found out some very worrying things about the government... Secrets they don't want me to know. Since then, people close to me have become ill with the following symptoms - headaches, feeling sick, tiredness, severe pain, depression and hallucinations. I also had some of those symptoms.

After a while I worked out what was going on - the government are growing mind control devices in our heads, and due to the pressure the device causes on the brain, people will get symptoms similar to a brain tumour. I did research and I found that some radiowaves can cause tumours, or in this case, mind control devices. The government are using telephone masts to grow these mind control devices in mine and others head. My mum got admitted to hospital due to these symptoms and they diagnosed her with a brain tumour. They say they have removed it, but I don't believe this. I believe that the government took out the mind control device to ensure it is working correctly, before placing it back in her.

As more and more people got ill, I got more fearful of the government. I now believe they have control over me and people close to me, especially my girlfriend. My girlfriend has been ill recently and this is their fault. They are also controlling her to spy on me. She has become very secretive, never letting me use her computer or go anywhere near her phone. I believe that she is sending texts to the government about me so they can keep an eye on me.

The government are trying all they can to eliminate everyone around me. They want to take everything away from me so I can't tell anyone their secrets. Recently, they have been controlling my thoughts, and also partially controlling my body - telling me to harm my girlfriend and her friend who is staying with us. Their goal with this is to get me put in prison for murder, or to make me as alone as possible, to destroy my life. All this is just because I happened to find out a few secrets, I never went looking for it.

I can hear them talking to me, via my thoughts and also what sounds like a muffled speaker near my ears. They tell me that they are after me, that spies are watching me and that I'm going to be alone.

Is there anything wrong with me? Recently, I was in a psychiatric hospital for a bit, after I got arrested by the police. I don't think that psychiatry will help me, I really need help with getting my loved ones to safety and protecting them from the government. I have asked A&E to remove my mind control device, and others, but they don't take me seriously.

I'm completely lost. What do people think?

TL;DR: The government are after me and my loved ones. I don't know what to do.

When I was on antidepressants, they used to make me hallucinate (nothing quite this elaborate, I'll admit!) It could be to do with the medication you're on, or maybe you need more medication! Are you prescribed anti-psychotics at the minute?
Reply 9
OP I think Saber's already covered most of what I wanted to say, and I especially want to echo the bit about being there for you if you'd like to PM me. While I've only had limited experience of psychosis personally (and I do think you're suffering from psychosis, and that these issues are mostly emanating from your own brain, and taking advantage of already known facts, such as that your girlfriend is ill), I do spend a ridiculous amount of time talking to other mentally ill people (I have depression, associated anxiety, and one or two more minor diagnoses), and I'd be very happy to take the time to talk to you too. :hugs:
Reply 10
Thanks for all your replies. I talked to my doctor and I am now back in hospital and have been started on antipsychotic medication. Thanks again :smile:
Thanks for all your replies. I talked to my doctor and I am now back in hospital and have been started on antipsychotic medication. Thanks again :smile:

Best of luck to you. :smile:
Reply 12

Good luck with your recovery.

All the best xx

Quick Reply

Latest