The Student Room Group

Morgan Stanley Step In Step Up Programme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Also how are you guys getting there everyday? From where I live, I'd have to get up at 6am to reach at 9 so I'm staying in London with a family friend for the programme and I'm taking the tube everyday, am really nervous about it though as I've never taken the tube alone before :frown:
Reply 21
Original post by tokiohoe
Just went shopping today for some work wear and I got myself a black blazer, two black pencil skirts and a pair of kitten heels (not sure if I look a bit too much like a 40 year old banker wearing it tho). I'm so nervous, only 3 days to go! What are you guys reading as prep?

I'm wearing something similar :smile: me too! i'm going to pick up a copy of the economist tomorrow. Is anyone bringing a notebook or whatever to write in??
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by ibbi1824
I'm wearing something similar :smile: me too! i'm going to pick up a copy of the economist tomorrow. Is anyone bringing a notebook or whatever to write in??

I'm gonna bring a notepad and pen too :smile:
Reply 23
Hi guys,
I'm applying for the July step in step up programme and I just wanted some pointers on what kind of things you'd written in your cover letter? I'm not great at these therefore would really appreciate some tips!
Thanks
Original post by tomixox
Hi guys,
I'm applying for the July step in step up programme and I just wanted some pointers on what kind of things you'd written in your cover letter? I'm not great at these therefore would really appreciate some tips!
Thanks

In my cover letter I highlighted the main aspects of my CV that I thought were particularly relevant/impressive to what the programme requires e.g. I stated that my previous volunteering jobs had enabled me to learn how to work effectively with others and cooperate in a team to gets tasks done. I also did a bit of research on Morgan Stanley and stated what I found impressive about them as this shows that you have interest in the company themselves.
Reply 25
What interesting fact did you guys write? And why do they want them? Do you have to tell others your interesting fact when you get there?
Reply 26
Original post by arissag
I hope we don't have to say them when we get there haha. After you sent off your interesting fact and details did you get any other emails confirming your place? i haven't and i'm a bit worried

nope i havent either aha they will probably send them a week before or something
Reply 27
Hi, I want to apply for the 2015 step in step up program, can you please tell me how you applied and what you needed to send?
Thanks
Reply 28
Hi, I've applied for the July Step in, Step Up programme, could you give me an insight of your experience's
Original post by soton_6
Hi, I've applied for the July Step in, Step Up programme, could you give me an insight of your experience's

Did you get in?
Original post by Datta10
Hi, I want to apply for the 2015 step in step up program, can you please tell me how you applied and what you needed to send?
Thanks

did you apply
if so did you get in?
Hello,

I've applied for the July 2015 programme and have not received a reply yet. Has anyone else heard back from Morgan Stanley with a reply?
Original post by Bhargavi95
Hello,

I've applied for the July 2015 programme and have not received a reply yet. Has anyone else heard back from Morgan Stanley with a reply?

you must be lucky because i just got a rejection- sent me over the edge :frown:
Reply 33
Original post by Iwouldliketoknow
you must be lucky because i just got a rejection- sent me over the edge :frown:

Same my application was declined
Original post by soton_6
Same my application was declined

have you had any previous experience with finance related stuff?
Reply 35
have you had any previous experience with finance related stuff?

Nope
Original post by soton_6
Nope

me too. Now i am super worried as i am doing a finance related degree and how am I going to find an internship without such programs on my cv :frown:
Reply 37
me too. Now i am super worried as i am doing a finance related degree and how am I going to find an internship without such programs on my cv :frown:

Ooohh I see, check out this website http://www.studentladder.co.uk/Work-Experience/work-experience.html

thanks but i am scared things won't get better
Reply 39
thanks but i am scared things won't get better

Well there will always be other opportunities, you have to keep searching

Quick Reply

Latest