The Student Room Group

Swansea University vs University of South Wales

First, apologies if its in the wrong section. A couple of questions to help me choose between the two.
I've had an offer from Swansea, and an offer for USW. USW want DE, Swansea wants CCpass for Electronic and Electrical Engineering Foundation.
Logic dictates that Swansea goes Firm, and USW goes Insurance.
But, if I put USW as insurance, how likely would I be to get on-campus accommodation if my results go tits-up? I don't think I'm likely to get two C's (AS grades are currently C's).
So I had the idea of Firming USW, and Insuring Swansea. But, that leaves me with the possibility of losing my place in Swansea.
Accommodation is the main issue, in Swansea it's not a major problem but for Treforest it's sort of required for me.
Plus, I've heard different stories about the Social Life aspect - USW is more closely knit, and Swansea has Wind Street.
USW offers the chance for me to proceed to a MEng, plus have a year in industry, Swansea is just a plain BEng Foundation, no placement.

If anyone could just pick through that wall of text, and answer my questions then I'd be much obliged!
Also, if anyone has any experience on either uni's then please share :3
Reply 1
Original post by TimmyDavie

If anyone could just pick through that wall of text, and answer my questions then I'd be much obliged!

You will have the opportunity at both to do MEng if you wanted, BEng + foundation doesnt mean you will just get a BEng; you are given the opportunity to pursue the year in industry if you wanted to or to pursue an MEng after successful completion of your f.y.

My advice would be to go to whichever one you like the best, though engineering wise I have heard Swansea are quite good though I cannot comment on the other university as I have personally never heard of it!

Make sure the EEE courses at both are accredited by the IET in your case.

Do not worry about accomodation issues, as long as you apply for accomodation as instructedby the universities it will be fine; infact accomodation isnt usually confirmed beforr results as most of it is done after official results have been published.
Reply 2
Great, thanks for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest