The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Does anyone actually enjoy clubbing? like seriously!?

I don't see how it's possible for any remotely intelligent person to enjoy this activity, especially the university clubs. It's all anyone ever wants to do and a key little "clue" that it's a terrible place to go is everyone has their consciousness and self-awareness completely clubbed to **** with alcohol to even be in there.

What is wrong with young people today, why have we bought into this? I can understand why a girl would like to be in a club to dance but why is it it's seen as the go-to place to socialize with friends? why do men like to go to clubs, you are MEN people, are y'all going there to dance to one direction? why do clubs play such ****ty music, do you even realize one direction is music aimed at little girls? do people even realize how low their cultural standards are? Besides no one gets laid in a club, girls are there to have fun you might get laid once in a while but believe me a girl willing to sleep with a stranger she met at a club is questionable, and i'm not being uptight, i'm being real someone needs to say it so y'all will look at yourselves

I hope in 20 years time saying "lets go to the club" will be as lame and deplorable as saying "lets go to the disco". I was born in the wrong generation, a whole industry has been built around a ****ty exploitative activity which the clubs seemed to have convinced people is the only fun thing to do in university.

Why is it no one I would consider a friend goes to clubs? they too think it's lame; coincidence? why is it everyone who does go to the clubs is dense and substanceless as hell. Why is it when I actually look around in a club i see more frowns than smiles. Why are there always fights and ****? girls crying outside kebab shops. it's actually disgusting the whole scene, I really don't understand this cultural narrative I really hope it dies because our generation must be one of the most pathetic when it comes to having a good time,

i on the other hand am from london and go to psy raves, we know how to have fun there, it's not just the music but the atmosphere, you actually have this friend-making vibe where people are actively walking around talking to each other, whereas clubs have this kind of hostile vain superficial kind of vibe.

Please students of england, boycott these places, you are cashcows for them and they are just ruining your university experience and you don't even realize because you're not used to having better. Raise your cultural standards

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hate clubbing.there is too much noise and too many people.there are always people at clubs looking to fight.a couple of nights ago in Los Angeles California are young woman was left brain dead on the sidewalk in front of the club.3 females and 2 males are being blamed.1 female has been arrested and the four other suspects are being sought by the police.they left so much pain and destruction in their wake.
Reply 2
Original post by voodoochild
I don't see how it's possible for any remotely intelligent person to enjoy this activity, especially the university clubs. It's all anyone ever wants to do and a key little "clue" that it's a terrible place to go is everyone has their consciousness and self-awareness completely clubbed to **** with alcohol to even be in there.

What is wrong with young people today, why have we bought into this? I can understand why a girl would like to be in a club to dance but why is it it's seen as the go-to place to socialize with friends? why do men like to go to clubs, you are MEN people, are y'all going there to dance to one direction? why do clubs play such ****ty music, do you even realize one direction is music aimed at little girls? do people even realize how low their cultural standards are? Besides no one gets laid in a club, girls are there to have fun you might get laid once in a while but believe me a girl willing to sleep with a stranger she met at a club is questionable, and i'm not being uptight, i'm being real someone needs to say it so y'all will look at yourselves

I hope in 20 years time saying "lets go to the club" will be as lame and deplorable as saying "lets go to the disco". I was born in the wrong generation, a whole industry has been built around a ****ty exploitative activity which the clubs seemed to have convinced people is the only fun thing to do in university.

Why is it no one I would consider a friend goes to clubs? they too think it's lame; coincidence? why is it everyone who does go to the clubs is dense and substanceless as hell. Why is it when I actually look around in a club i see more frowns than smiles. Why are there always fights and ****? girls crying outside kebab shops. it's actually disgusting the whole scene, I really don't understand this cultural narrative I really hope it dies because our generation must be one of the most pathetic when it comes to having a good time,

i on the other hand am from london and go to psy raves, we know how to have fun there, it's not just the music but the atmosphere, you actually have this friend-making vibe where people are actively walking around talking to each other, whereas clubs have this kind of hostile vain superficial kind of vibe.

Please students of england, boycott these places, you are cashcows for them and they are just ruining your university experience and you don't even realize because you're not used to having better. Raise your cultural standards

High horse much? :lol:

Not all clubs are trashy full of students throwing up out of their minds. Not all clubs have a **** atmosphere and certainly not all clubs play bad music.. Not all girls go out 'to have fun' just as many go out to get laid as guys do, just as not all guys go out to get laid rather than have a dance and enjoy themselves. Not everyone goes out to get trollied and end up throwing up on the pavement. Some are. that's life..

Yeah it's not for everyone, what in life is, but you sound either kinda jaded and bitter because you didn't get laid, or need to go to a better venue.. I've met plenty of guys and girls at clubs and bars who are sound normal everyday people..
Reply 3
Original post by omarion526
High horse much? :lol:

Not all clubs are trashy full of students throwing up out of their minds. Not all clubs have a **** atmosphere and certainly not all clubs play bad music.. Not all girls go out 'to have fun' just as many go out to get laid as guys do, just as not all guys go out to get laid rather than have a dance and enjoy themselves. Not everyone goes out to get trollied and end up throwing up on the pavement. Some are. that's life..

Yeah it's not for everyone, what in life is, but you sound either kinda jaded and bitter because you didn't get laid, or need to go to a better venue.. I've met plenty of guys and girls at clubs and bars who are sound normal everyday people..

lol see you're so far from understanding what I'm actually saying it's just proof there was no real point probably in actually saying it, you don't see that I see clubs as an outside paradigm, I don't go to them LOL do you seriously not look at yourself when you're in one and ever really stop to think "what am i doing here"

Alas, go enjoy your clubs, wooo party time. yeah! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one direction wooooooo party timmmmmeeeee
(edited 10 years ago)
If I'm pretty drunk I actually really enjoy dancing even though I probably look like a fool. The whole grinding/gropey situations are a bit awkward for me as I'm quite reserved around strangers, but I'd rather communicate through talking. The worse thing about clubs is the guys who go with only one objective - to pull. I have this friend who has no fun unless he pulls, so he has a lot of **** nights.
Reply 5
i aint a club person myself

for me, a night with just my laptop and my lube is a night well spent
Reply 6
I know a lot of my friends do. The rest don't, me included.

I don't have anything against clubbing as an activity for other people, I just wish for a society where it's more of an optional thing and people do not get weird looks for not going clubbing. I bet that a large fraction of the people our age do not enjoy clubbing, but many pretend to in order to fit in.
Reply 7
Original post by emobambam
I hate clubbing.there is too much noise and too many people.there are always people at clubs looking to fight.a couple of nights ago in Los Angeles California are young woman was left brain dead on the sidewalk in front of the club.3 females and 2 males are being blamed.1 female has been arrested and the four other suspects are being sought by the police.they left so much pain and destruction in their wake.

its soooo **** literally I just don't understand that so many people enjoy them, it's annoying me people are saying here "well you're just bitter you didn't get laid". that's not the point at all, and i'm not bitter, i'm just so confused as to how we ended up en-masse making these places the social hubs of university, glad to hear someone understands.

And that story about LA doesn't surprise me, the whole atmosphere in clubs is disgusting and vulgar
Most people go because of social pressure.

Believe me though, if you KNOW how to dance you would loveeeee it.
If you are listening to your favourite music, for me thats bashment, R&B etc, you would really go into it.

I have a lot of friends that know how to dance so it is really fun..
Other then that, most people go to pick up girls. If you know how to dance, the girls go to you lol :biggrin:, which is the truth
Reply 9
lol see you're so far from understanding what I'm actually saying it's just proof there was no real point probably in actually saying it, you don't see that I see clubs as an outside paradigm, I don't go to them LOL do you seriously not look at yourself when you're in one and ever really stop to think "what am i doing here"

Alas, go back to sleep dude, go enjoy your clubs, wooo party time. LOL LAME AS ****

I'm not at all; I just think you're trying to voice a needlessly Pharisaical opinion.

Being I'm usually designated driver - no not really. I'm a grown ass man beyond the need to feel that level of self concious and self-vindication and involvement in other's life choices - if I want to go dance, I'll go dance :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by Sir Fox
I know a lot of my friends do. The rest don't, me included.

I don't have anything against clubbing as an activity for other people, I just wish for a society where it's more of an optional thing and people do not get weird looks for not going clubbing. I bet that a large fraction of the people our age do not enjoy clubbing, but many pretend to in order to fit in.

In first year I went to them to fit in, because i was physically dragged, I hated it so much it was just so boring I'd always want to leave because I just don't see the point. In 2nd year I completely boycotted them
tbh, most people go clubs just to pass time and procrastinate
Reply 12
I'm not at all; I just think you're trying to voice a needlessly Pharisaical opinion.

Being I'm usually designated driver - no not really. I'm a grown ass man beyond the need to feel that level of self concious and self-vindication and involvement in other's life choices - if I want to go dance, I'll go dance :wink:

A lot of people don't have fun at university because of clubs and clubs being the main social activity, me included, so it isn't a needlessly Pharisaical opinion, if you think that then why are you commenting? first you were saying I was bitter I don't get laid, how do you know I don't get laid? your assumption that i don't like clubs for that reason is a bit flawed, could it possibly be.. I don't knwo the fact they suck? truth is you feel you need to validate and defend your cultural narrative because it's been such a big part of your life which is fair enough I am actually glad you found a way to enjoy clubs, seriously good for you, but they are ****
(edited 10 years ago)
Its not needless because our culture has gone to **** and the result of that is people become disillusioned and depressed. look at the relationships section of this site, look how many people are insecure wreaks, clubbing comes up a lot of the time as a main root of these things. Just connecting dots. A lot of people don't have fun at university because of clubs and clubs being the main social activity, me included, so it isn't a needlessly Pharisaical opinion, if you think that then why are you commenting? first you were saying I was bitter I don't get laid, truth is you feel you need to validate and defend your cultural narrative because it's been such a big part of your life which is fair enough I am actually glad you found a way to enjoy clubs, seriously good for you, but they are ****, and that's a fact :wink: stop your internal diolouge, fact, end of

long gone short? you asked if anyone enjoyed them - I'm answering; yes. yes they do. You seem to confuse generalisations, convention, and the general fact that people are different with your own opinions..

The getting laid comment was flippant but the focus on that point makes me feel I've hit a nerve :P

If you don't like them, don't go - it's not all that difficult. If clubs are the main basis of university then maybe you need to find friends with more in common with yourself; sit in reading books and discuss how the youth's of today are on a crash course to social destruction. or get out more, whichever.. :P

My statement doesn't morally exclude me from commenting.. Why am I commenting? it's the internet. I'm allowed to, and I'm bored ****less at work - sue me :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
long gone short? you asked if anyone enjoyed them - I'm answering; yes. yes they do. You seem to confuse generalisations, convention, and the general fact that people are different with your own opinions..

If you don't like them, don't go - it's not all that difficult. If clubs are the main basis of university then maybe you need to find friends with more in common with yourself; sit in reading books and discuss how the youth's of today are on a crash course to social destruction. or get out more, whichever.. :P

My statement doesn't morally exclude me from commenting.. Why am I commenting? it's the internet. I'm allowed to, and I'm bored ****less at work - sue me :wink:

You have too many assumptions on what my personality is like and it's beginning to irritate me, i'm going to stop responding to you before I get another blue card or whatever...
You have too many assumptions on what my personality is like and it's beginning to irritate me, i'm going to stop responding to you before I get another blue card or whatever...

I wouldn't say assumptions.. impressions.. and therein partially lies my point :wink:
Reply 16
I wouldn't say assumptions.. impressions.. and therein partially lies my point :wink:

you already annoyed me with your assumptions that i don't like clubs because I don't get laid, you disrespect the notion that some people may not enjoy clubs because they're actually ****, rather the person i.e me must be at fault.
I am not some old man in a 20yo body that just hates clubs and condemns the youth of today, no i just think they're ****
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
I love clubbing

Spoiler

I hate clubs as much as anyone, but dude, you seriously need to unrustle yourself. Live and let live, or else you are going to be a very unhappy individual if you aren't already.
you already annoyed me with your assumptions that i don't like clubs because I don't get laid, you disrespect the notion that some people may not enjoy clubs because they're actually ****, rather the person i.e me must be at fault.

I am not some old man in a 20yo body that just hates clubs and condemns the youth of today, no i just think they're **** and they are LOL

Don't get annoyed with someone on the internet, it waste's your own time :wink: That comment was obviously flippant and moreso I didn't say anything akin to that; just in context that is how your post read.

are you actually reading this. I haven't disrespected the notion at all. you started the thread essentially with 'no intelligent person likes clubs' and I was making a point. Point being;

I'm simply saying ''people are different. Deal with it'' :wink:

Latest