The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

BA Fashion Journalism 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Awesome!! I give to those who want my Facebook: Lisa Bouteldja (Rosie) to get to know each other before the course starts.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 41
I'm in a state of shock a bit.
I got in too, I'll link to my facebook too... has anyone seen if theres a csm freshers page?
https://www.facebook.com/sarah.cohen.37669

i probably managed to do that wrong
Reply 42
Hello, I just got an offer from CSM for fashion journalism too :biggrin:!
Reply 43
im such a technophobe, if someone finds the link to the freshers page on facebook, idem for the whole of the ual, let me know!!
Reply 44
i'll link my facebook! https://www.facebook.com/milly.gardiner i firmed csm today!
Reply 45
Original post by millyesme
i'll link my facebook! https://www.facebook.com/milly.gardiner i firmed csm today!

you added me :smile: but yeah so did i, i thought i might as well bite the bullet. have you thought at all about accomodation?
Reply 46
Original post by sbeth55
you added me :smile: but yeah so did i, i thought i might as well bite the bullet. have you thought at all about accomodation?

yeah its so expensive :frown: im not sure yet though, it depends on how much student finance i will actually get. I really want to stay in pure highbrough
Reply 47
Original post by millyesme
yeah its so expensive :frown: im not sure yet though, it depends on how much student finance i will actually get. I really want to stay in pure highbrough

yeah it really is.. and yeah there are some really lovely ones but im just gonna go for the cheapest ones and seriously hope for the best. cos im gonna have to decline the ones that go into the £7000 bracket cos no..
Reply 48
Has anyone got an email through from csm yet with your ual I'd so you can apply for accommodation?
Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind me intruding however I've wanted to study Fashion Journalism at CSM for as long as I can remember and will be applying next year (doing AS Levels now). Did you guys find you had to get high grades at AS/write amazing personal statements to apply for the course? I'm currently really struggling with AS revision and doubting what I can achieve in my exams.
Thanks! :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by elliecharlotte14
Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind me intruding however I've wanted to study Fashion Journalism at CSM for as long as I can remember and will be applying next year (doing AS Levels now). Did you guys find you had to get high grades at AS/write amazing personal statements to apply for the course? I'm currently really struggling with AS revision and doubting what I can achieve in my exams.

My grades are not high, they are pretty average. The great thing about csm is they don't go of grades it's all about you and your personality and how good your writing is
Reply 51
Original post by elliecharlotte14

Yeah, I'd say the most important things they look for are a strong knowledge of fashion, the ability to articulate yourself well and a strong sense of individuality. I went on really random tangents in my interview and it seemed to work somehow, so I really think they just want to hear about you as a person opposed to what you may think they want to hear. Grades wise; they ask for 2 E's as their requirements which may be a bit of a trap as there are so many hoops to jump to before you get to the offer stage (I definitely wouldn't say it's a simple process..) but it definitely seems like actual A levels themselves become a bit irrelevant..
Just don't be put off applying at any costs, because if you really want to go, that will come through in your application :smile:
Reply 52
Hi everyone, I have also been accepted at CSM in fashion journalism and I thought it would be fun to get to know you before September! I give you my facebook <removed by a mod - please use the PM system to exchange personal details>, I'm eager to meet you.
Reply 54
Hi everyone, I have also been accepted at CSM in fashion journalism and I thought it would be fun to get to know each other before September! I give you my facebook , i'm eager to meet you!
Just wondered what everyone wrote about for their 800 word piece as I want to apply for 2015. I don't want to know in order to copy but just to get a rough idea of what others have done in the past in order for them to get in.
Reply 56
Original post by withlove
Just wondered what everyone wrote about for their 800 word piece as I want to apply for 2015. I don't want to know in order to copy but just to get a rough idea of what others have done in the past in order for them to get in.

I just sent an article from my fashion blog but basically I just think theyre looking for like honest writing and like skill tbh I don't think it even has to be about fashion, just show passion in your writing is good :smile: hope that helps at all
Reply 57
what did you bring with you to the interview? i have my interview next week and they told me to bring 3 written work and 3 visual work :frown:( please help, and tell me what i should expect during the interview, csm is my first choice and i really, really want to get in :frown:(
last year we didn't need to bring anything so I can't really help but if you have questions you can contact me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/lisa.bouteldja
Reply 59
Thanks so much, I sent you a message on Facebook so please check:smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending