The Student Room Group

It's impossible to hook up with girls unless you know them through someone/something

The only exception to this is clubbing but they're just club sloots. You'll probably end up with a std too.

Look at this guy try to get with a random girl on the street:

[video="youtube;0fpCRZbk1do"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fpCRZbk1do#t=21[/video]

You can only get with girls through a social circle, work or school.

Think of all those women walking past you in the street, 99 percent of them are completely unreachable because you'll never cross paths through friends, school or work.

If you approach them they'll see you as creepy.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Honestly, if a woman walked up to me filming me on a phone camera I'd probably react much the same. Especially if I knew she was holding the damn thing sideways.

It's true that your social and work circle limits the number of potential partners but it's easy to get talking to someone in locations other than a club. Needs practice to not come off as a potential pickpocket/rapist/stalker, especially as people tend to be much more guarded in public these days. Filming them with a phone is less than ideal.
It's fairly well known that most people hook up through friends, If you have an active social life you needn't worry about all the women you pass in the street. Why get worked up on an ounce of lust that's occurred to you one Monday morning? She might be a horrible person. A girl you hook up with through a friend is much more likely to be compatible with you.
Reply 3
Original post by russellsteapot
Honestly, if a woman walked up to me filming me on a phone camera I'd probably react much the same. Especially if I knew she was holding the damn thing sideways.

It's true that your social and work circle limits the number of potential partners but it's easy to get talking to someone in locations other than a club. Needs practice to not come off as a potential pickpocket/rapist/stalker, especially as people tend to be much more guarded in public these days. Filming them with a phone is less than ideal.

The camera was in a discreet location. Girls couldn't notice it. He wasn't holding it in his hand lol.

Here's the same guy trying again (He's Indian hence the accent):
[video="youtube;4gR5T9QmiY8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gR5T9QmiY8[/video]
I've never understood the desire to talk to a random person on the street. Unless they were so good looking I thought I'd die if I never saw them again (not likely...) then I'd probably just forget about it instantly.
a lot of sad and almost cruel things apply to men that aren't attractive.

this is one of the slightly sad things
Reply 6
Mix that in with most girls graduate with a bf and if they break up, will only be single for about 6 weeks and you realise shooting for a good, meaningful relationship in the UK is like trying to find a unicorn. That poops diamonds. And cures cancer.
Reply 7
Original post by genuinelydense
a lot of sad and almost cruel things apply to men that aren't attractive.

this is one of the slightly sad things

That guy was actually pretty good looking though.

You'll always be seen as creepy and it'll always be awkward no matter how good looking you are.
Reply 8
Original post by Sean O Pry
That guy was actually pretty good looking though.

You'll always be seen as creepy and it'll always be awkward no matter how good looking you are.

It's not impossible - you just have to be pretty good. If you are looking at PUA videos look at SaschaPUA.
Original post by miser
It's not impossible - you just have to be pretty good. If you are looking at PUA videos look at SaschaPUA.

How do you get away with your profile pic?
Reply 10
Original post by 9MmBulletz
How do you get away with your profile pic?

What do you mean?
Wow , so now its wierd to interact with someone unless you know them ? What the hell aren't we all human beings jeez talk about social conditioning .

OP your doing yourself no favours by setting yourself these mental barriers , given the right conditions you will find alot of girls are quite happy some guy has taken an interest in them , looks/confidence/your social skills all play a part in how she recieves you though.

I've gotten girls numbers before , became friends / dated one , it's not impossible at all.

You will find most girls will find this wierd in theory but if someone they find attractive , confident and mysterious was to randomly spark up convo im sure they'd be wetting their pants.

Note - These PUA creeps with their 'daygame' and canned openers are bad examples

The context also plays a part e.g trying to talk to a woman in a surgery waiting room isn't likely to end well.

Social events whether it be gigs , festivals , bars whatever are your best options.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by miser
What do you mean?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm seeing a girl's buttcheeks spread exposing her butthole and vagina, with the latter stained with semen. Is that allowed?
What exactly are you asking, you seemed to have already answered yourself.

People meet randomly all the time, usually through the internet though, so 'strangers' are reachable not just 'club sloots'
C'mon man, this is England; English people don't take kindly to being stopped when they're walking, it's no wonder he keeps getting knocked back...
Reply 15
There's midground between hooking up with someone from in your social circle and asking a random woman on the street out.
Original post by 9MmBulletz
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm seeing a girl's buttcheeks spread exposing her butthole and vagina, with the latter stained with semen. Is that allowed?

...you been taking shrooms mate?
Reply 17
too be fair 90% of people I know were met through work/college/school or through a friend/family member

I havent ever made a friend or more by just approaching someone I didnt know if im honest lol,

as for internet I met 2 people of the net in my lifetime, both were catfish Β¬.Β¬ lol
Reply 18
Generally if I'm in the street I'm going somewhere or doing something ie busy.

House parties are where it's at.
People don't want to be bothered on the street. If someone is walking on the streets then they are going somewhere and aren't going to like being stopped. It's not a social situation. I get annoyed if someone tries to stop me because usually it's charity workers asking for donations or sales people.

Try meeting people through social places.

Quick Reply

Latest