The Student Room Group

Best Friend's Relationship is ruining our friendship

So my best friend and he boyfriend have just celebrated their first year anniversary (she's 18, he's 17), which is great, or it would be, if they didn't constantly argue. To the point where it's awkward to be around them because they WILL fight in front of you, and you WILL get dragged into it.

The reason for all the fighting (or so we think)? They havn't spent a night, or a free moment apart in nearly seven months.

Both of them live with their parents, so i have no idea how they are okay with constantly having to deal with this. (personally, I enjoy a good chilled out chin wag with my mum, without the boyfriend being there, at least once a week!)

BUT, every night they will choose whose house theyll go to, and the'll swap every day or two. They constantly wait around for each other at college, even if they only have a 15min break, they MUST spend it together. (mostly, this is her doing, as she waits around for him like a dog...and gets angry if he dare go to the shop with his friends to get some lunch instead)

The rest of our friendship group is getting sick of it. Escpecially as we constantly have to hear them complain about each other, and then give gooey love declarations the next minute.

They are both getting ridiculously upset by all the constant arguing, but neither want to break up. We've tried to talk to both of them about it, but she just gets angry and he doesn't really say anything.

Anyone have any advice to calm them down without losing two good friends?? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending