The Student Room Group

DSA Tutor?

i have a tutor, for my dyslexia, whom i see every week for an hour. what are we supposed to do together in that hour??
do any of you have tutors? what do you do with them?
They will go over your assessments, help you with revision. Help make notes and see if the notes you are making make sense and are beneficial to your work.
You will find as time goes on that an hour is not enough!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I take assignments I've been set and mine goes through with me how to understand the assignment how to plan etc and then I take whatever I've done each week and we go through it and I ask questions I'm stuck on. She also helps me with referencing work and will proof read things for me too... Basically any academic work you are struggling with they can help you with although they can't give you subject specific help just all the grammar and planning side of it etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I had a study coach (same/similar thing I presume?), and for the first session we discussed what I wanted to get done with him - for me it was my dissertation because my depression means I have issues with planning, concentration and motivation. We then met up every week and discussed progress, talked about what direction to take next, did some problem-shooting etc. It was really helpful and I couldn't have finished without him!

So I think the main thing to do is decide what your main weaknesses are - I don't know a massive amount about dyslexia, but are there any skills you'd like to work on developing, or anything you especially struggle with like essay writing? Your tutor should be able to work with you to get better at the stuff you struggle with, and do basic stuff too like proof-reading, help motivate you and the like.

Good luck with them - like I say I found my person incredibly helpful. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest