The Student Room Group

MSc International Business at Birkbeck

Hi,

What do you think about Birkbeck College? What reputation it has?
I`m interested in this course mostly for that reason than lectures are held in eveninings and you can work full-time to pay tuition fee and living expences. Do you know other unis which has full-time courses with lectures in evening?
Do I have chances to get into Birkbeck with an average of 6.7 out of 10 from Lithuania (I will do final year in Greenwich and degree clasification will depend only of the grades from Greenwich).
Is Birkbeck as good as for example Liverpool, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Surrey etc?

Thanx
Reply 1
I think it is good value for money. It is not one of the top postgrad schools, but it is a good choice when one cannot afford/get in into the LSE's and Judge's.
Reply 2
The only possability to me to get MSc from Said/Judge/Tanaka ect would get a first from Greenwich and then to apply (it would be in July I guess, thats because they should not know about Vilnius University grades or else I would have no chances...) and to have money. I may have money when I will apply, but I would have to wait until I will know my degree clasification nevertheless. So I need to apply in July, and if I won`t be successful, I should apply nect year. I will do so if I will get first and get the money. If not, I want to finish another good business school (not waste my time waiting and saving and hoping to get there) for example Birkbeck (if it is a good one, thats because I started this thread) and after a several years of work, if I won`t have myown business (its my point to have it), I could join Said/Judge/Tanaka MBA course. I think it would be the best solution (and also I could get work experience sooner as I could work full time after BA).

Please write your thoughs and feelings about Birkbeck, its are really important to me to know what you think about it. Thnx :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending