The Student Room Group

My friend's car got towed away. Should I pay some of the fine?

Hi

So a friend of mine (lets call her C) and myself went to a party and she was driving me there (it was her car). We went to the car park and I paid for the parking which was pretty cheap. And it was decided that I would go back home with ANOTHER friend. We all left the party at the same time and it turns out that that was too late and my friend C went back to her car only to see it get towed away. She now has to pay $80 (40 pounds) fine. We are just uni students so that is quite a bit of money and I feel really bad for her. The thing is though, because I shared that ride with her I'm just wondering whether I should be paying some of that fine or even just offering?

Would you expect that from me if you were in that position?

Thanks
Reply 1
I wouldn't expect anything at all.
Reply 2
No, it's her car, she drove it, her responsibility to keep track of the time etc.
Reply 3
No, not really... she left late because of herself and should have checked the times.

But, I'd help pay it. Just because you're mates.

P.S Doesn't she have family who can help out? Lol first thing I'd do is ring the folks for a bailout.
Reply 4
was it you idea to park there? I always try and find somewhere free to park tbh

if it was your idea its partially your fault yeah, but do what you want, do you think your friend would be annoyed if you didnt offer?
Reply 5
Her car her responsibility. You don't eed to pay her anything.
Reply 6
If I was her I wouldn't expect any thing to be honest. However I'd still offer.
Reply 7
well whos fault was it, why were you late, also r u living in america or something

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending