The Student Room Group

I failed my first test :( tips for my next one next week?

Hello, I posted a while ago here asking for tips on my practical test. Unfortunatley I did not pass and I was really upset. I got two majors, no minors. One of my majors was for going a little too far out of a junction leaving the test centre and the other was for accidentally putting the car into fourth when turning right, so that when i got into the side road I stalled.

I havn't done either of these things since I first started driving and I was really nervous prior to my test, I was trying to do things too quickly even if I had plenty of time.

My next test is on friday, I have had a lesson last week and one today, any tips on staying calm and feeling positive?

Thanks a lot :smile:
Sorry to hear that :frown: Just try not to make the same mistakes again next time, that was my philosophy :wink:
Reply 2
Don't worry! I failed mine early December, and was so upset. I didn't get any majors, but got 4 minors in one category (driving too close to parked cars)

I took it again yesterday and passed :smile: I was 10 times more nervous for my second one, but because I had more lessons I just felt more capable about dealing with situations. So have some more lessons and try again. Sadly there is no magic thing to do to pass, because it depends on what happens on the day - just get some more experience so you can deal with it next time.

The best of luck to you :biggrin:
Original post by Book_club
Hello, I posted a while ago here asking for tips on my practical test. Unfortunatley I did not pass and I was really upset. I got two majors, no minors. One of my majors was for going a little too far out of a junction leaving the test centre and the other was for accidentally putting the car into fourth when turning right, so that when i got into the side road I stalled.

I havn't done either of these things since I first started driving and I was really nervous prior to my test, I was trying to do things too quickly even if I had plenty of time.

My next test is on friday, I have had a lesson last week and one today, any tips on staying calm and feeling positive?

Thanks a lot :smile:

Check out a reply about this issue on the topic The Ultimate "I failed my driving test!" Thread ‎-MK II on page 131
Reply 4
I passed with 3 minors if you were wondering :P thanks for the advice :smile:
Congratulations:yy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending