The Student Room Group

Maths GCSE equivalent qualification - help please

Hi
I'm intending to do secondary PGCE in MFL when I graduate next year. I'm English but did my secondary qualifications at a Spanish state school and have the Spanish ESO instead of a batch of GCSE's. I did IGCSE English and got an A but don't have IGCSE Maths.
It's a long shot but does anyone know if my ESO which includes Maths would be acceptable?
Reply 1
Hopeful bump!

I contacted the DoE Teaching helpline and was quite surprised to be told it would be down to the individual provider to decide - I thought it would be DoE regulated as it's a requirement. Hopefully this will work in my favour but who can tell.
Reply 2
Original post by spanishguy
Hopeful bump!

I contacted the DoE Teaching helpline and was quite surprised to be told it would be down to the individual provider to decide - I thought it would be DoE regulated as it's a requirement. Hopefully this will work in my favour but who can tell.

It's worth sending out some e-mails to the individual providers before applying, they are usually reasonably prompt in responding. Suerte, hombre.
Original post by spanishguy
Hopeful bump!

Some unis will make you sit GCSEs or they will make you sit their own English and maths tests.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending