The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alex_hk90
Not everyone who watches the FL Show has Sky, and it makes sense that the highlight games would often be the ones Sky chose to televise. It's the same with MotD.

Motd show extended highlights of every game, so it doesn't really matter if they're televised or not. But I think a fair portion have Sky Sports, and it's every week that the highlight game is the televised game.

(I'm sulking that Huddersfield v Leeds isn't a highlight game, mainly)
I'm surprised they didn't show extended highlights of the West Yorkshire derby. Nottingham Forest are surely going to sack Stuart Pearce soon, don't know he just doesn't seem to be able to cut it at management level.
Great equaliser from Wolves in the last minute. Bolton are really improving, though. Could have broken into the top half yesterday.
JAMES HENRY IS GOD. The feeling in the crowd when that went in was something else, we didn't play great but it could be a vital point come the end of the season.

Would be so easy to say this is the weekend that Derby, Boro & Bournemouth begin to break away, but this is the Championship so nothing is as easy as that!
Original post by hskjlclcn
JAMES HENRY IS GOD. The feeling in the crowd when that went in was something else, we didn't play great but it could be a vital point come the end of the season.

Stunning goal.
Still confident of promotion, using Friday night as the ultimate springboard to get into the form from hell and win at least 60% of our remaining games.
Stuart Pearce leaves Nottingham Forest.
Shame, he was doing such a good job there. Besides, didn't they win the league in August...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Writing has been on the wall for weeks, even months for Pearce. He'd have been cut a while back if he wasn't a club legend.

Also Huddersfield's Tommy Smith has been discharged from LGI following his nasty head injury yesterday. Apparently he was drifting in & out of consciousness & throwing up in the medical room. Glad he's ok.
Pearce leaves before he's completely discredited as a legend at the club, surely can't be getting another job in England now. Probably go and manage out in Thailand or the UAE now.
Strange time for a League 1 game tonight 6pm kick off between Walsall ans Gillingham, and we had Bristol City playing earlier as well. Not sure why so many League 1 games on a Sunday.
Original post by Rock Fan
Strange time for a League 1 game tonight 6pm kick off between Walsall ans Gillingham, and we had Bristol City playing earlier as well. Not sure why so many League 1 games on a Sunday.

JPT I believe? I think Gillingham & Bristol City both played on Thursday.

But yeah, weird kick off time for Walsall & Gillingham
Original post by Rock Fan

Probably because of the JPT game on thursday, but why Walsall-Gillingham is kicking off aT 6 on a sunday makes no sense, what so ever
Ah yeah course forgot they all played Thursday as well, but yeah 6pm on a Sunday why? why not just a normal 3pm kick off.
Inevitable decision from Pearce - should have gone before the derby imo.
Dougie Freedman replaces him after doing a dreadful job at Bolton Wanderers.

How's he swung that?
Original post by Mackay
Dougie Freedman replaces him after doing a dreadful job at Bolton Wanderers.

How's he swung that?

No idea, the fact he was appointed so quickly suggest Forest were right there & ready with the replacement. Maybe they even asked Pearce to resign rather than sack him for his own image? I didn't even see a list of names tipped to be next in charge.
Original post by TornadoGR4
No idea, the fact he was appointed so quickly suggest Forest were right there & ready with the replacement. Maybe they even asked Pearce to resign rather than sack him for his own image? I didn't even see a list of names tipped to be next in charge.

Very quick turnaround - and it's a surprise the likes of Sherwood, Warnock didn't get a look in really.
****e manager and he still managed to take 4 points off us this season :frown:

In other news, Sky Sports are reporting Tom Ince on a season-long loan is all but a done deal. We could potentially line up with Bent, Martin, Russell, Hughes and Ince as our attacking 5. That would be insane.
I'll kickstart transfer deadline day discussions then (amazed no one has posted anything yet!).

Chesterfield's Eoin Doyle, the top scorer in the Football League, has been sold to Cardiff for just £850k (undisclosed but strongly rumoured). Absolutely disgraceful if that's the true value, my club has no ambition whatsoever...

Quick Reply

Latest