The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

After 9 years the old Football League thread has reached it's end, has been a great era and it had grown so much. But now here is a new era, for those who haven't seen this before this is a thread for talk about anything Football League and lower.

Here is a few of a regular fans and who they support, if you want to be added to the list drop me a message so I can add you to the list.

hskjlclcn, Dr DaMan, Jakesidhu - Wolves
Midlander - Coventry
DT - Bolton
Jangrafess - Brentford
Bun - York City
CraigWM, billybo_h - Watford
Scott129 - Derby County
Stiff Little Fingers - Leicester City
nixonsjellybeans - Sheffield Wednesday
Mockery - Huddersfield Town
Silver Arrows, TornadoGR4, The Wavefunction - Leeds United
brocklehurst95, blue n white army - Blackburn Rovers
redleader1 - Bradford City
Loat - Yeovil
alex_hk90 - MK Dons
Danny1907 - Rochdale
Cheese_Monster, MiniO - Oxford United
EsomR - Reading
barnetlad, PetrosAC - Barnet
skotch - Torquay United
Huskaris - Charlton
redferry, Hooby, rstar345 - Birmingham City
nighthiker - Colchester United
blackrose96 - Nottingham Forest
ra-ra-ra - Wrexham
JohnTindale - Hartlepool
joddcfc - Chesterfield
LordPhylogeny - AFC Wimbledon
gghjk - Luton Town
Ferret1 - Stevenage
THEALB10N - Brighton
fluttershy - Norwich City
Infan2a - Ipswich Town
BethhPhill - Cardiff City
Squidgyness - Middlesbrough
Tony_LeaS - Dulwich Hamlet
shotsboy123 - Aldershot
Zezo - Leyton Orient
abrack - Huddersfield Town
azizadil - Fulham
TitanCream - Leyton Orient
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
In to the thread. Just to update any new additions to this page - Wolves fan & forever suffering!
I'll just say although a Villa fan, I do love watching the Football League and the Non League, I seem to have a soft spot for the Yorkshire teams.
Reply 3
Just getting myself subscribed into this thread :biggrin:

going to the bok on saturday to watch Bolton vs Cardiff in the cup. Hopefully redeem for last weeks shower of ****.
Reply 4
Rumours linking us with wayne hennessey - and Welsh or wolves fans care to give us a bit more about him?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Rock Fan
After 9 years the old Football League thread has reached it's end, has been a great era and it had grown so much. But now here is a new era, for those who haven't seen this before this is a thread for talk about anything Football League and lower.

Does this mean the end of the Non-league thread? Not that it was hugely active before but i did used to post the odd thing now and again.

I made a spur of the moment away trip to Southport last night. Conceding after 4 minutes really made me question how mad I must have been to make this trip. I literally finished work at 5, jumped in the car, drove 90 odd miles and arrived there just after 7pm... but i couldn't fault our 87th minute winner which made it completely worthwhile. :h:
Original post by ra-ra-ra
Does this mean the end of the Non-league thread? Not that it was hugely active before but i did used to post the odd thing now and again.

I made a spur of the moment away trip to Southport last night. Conceding after 4 minutes really made me question how mad I must have been to make this trip. I literally finished work at 5, jumped in the car, drove 90 odd miles and arrived there just after 7pm... but i couldn't fault our 87th minute winner which made it completely worthwhile. :h:

This was something I kinda wanted to bring up whether it was worth keeping the Non-League thread or just have one big thread with the Football League and Non League together, I just think personally that would make more sense as you correctly say the Non-League thread does get the odd post but it's not really active.
Reply 8
Watford fan signing in, I guess. Going for a 7-0 victory against City this weekend.
Reply 9
This was something I kinda wanted to bring up whether it was worth keeping the Non-League thread or just have one big thread with the Football League and Non League together, I just think personally that would make more sense as you correctly say the Non-League thread does get the odd post but it's not really active.

Yeah, this probably is the better option but with there being a lot more Football League fans i imagine some Non-League stuff might get ignored / not seen. Or maybe it'll do the opposite and get a few Football Leaguers adding their input about Non-League things? It would be nice to have a bit more Non-League input on this forum though.
Original post by ra-ra-ra
Yeah, this probably is the better option but with there being a lot more Football League fans i imagine some Non-League stuff might get ignored / not seen. Or maybe it'll do the opposite and get a few Football Leaguers adding their input about Non-League things? It would be nice to have a bit more Non-League input on this forum though.

True that's the one danger that the Non League stuff would get lost in all this.
Unlike the premiership fancy boys who refuse to acknowledge that an entire football set up exists below them I believe we can share with non-league :smile: its relevent and although in theory not actually in the league, it is within the english football set up.

EDIT: Just for the sake of doing so- I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan unfortunately.
(edited 10 years ago)
Coventry City exile here. The crazy days of a club playing in its home city are well behind us and playing in a Northampton shed is the way forward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Derby County fan checking in.

It says a lot that it took the previous thread 9 years to reach it's post limit, whereas a thread about a single club (such as Arsenal or United) would reach it in a fraction of that time.

I do wish there were more contributors though as I can only count about 8 clubs represented by regular posters :frown:
Brentford fan signing up.
Somehow I'd love to compose a list of which Football League team everyone supported.
Reply 16
Somehow I'd love to compose a list of which Football League team everyone supported.

There's not many of us which post regularly. Can't imagine it'd take ages. :biggrin:
Reply 17
Huddersfield Town fan checking into the new thread :smile:
Anybody ever crossed the line and supported their rival team instead? :tongue:
One of the siblings crossed it but came back within three years.
Here's a rough idea, I know there's a few more but this is a start lol.

hskjlclcn - Wolves
Midlander - Coventry
DT - Bolton
Jangrafess - Brentford Town
Bun - York City
CraigWM, billybo_h - Watford
Scott129 - Derby County
Stuffed Little Fingers - Leicester City
nixonsjellybeans - Sheffield Wednesday
Mockery - Huddersfield Town
Kilroy8 - Leeds United
brocklehurst95, blue n white army - Blackburn Rovers
IMBCFC - Bradford City
Loat - Yeovil (I think)
alex_hk90 - MK Dons
Danny1907 - Rochdale
Cheese_Monster - Oxford United

You could put this on the first post of the page and update it if we gain some more regulars :tongue: Just so everybody can remember each others teams.

Quick Reply