The Student Room Group

Whats the best approach for study in uni? How many hours do you all study a week?

I've been in uni about a year and a half but I changed my course I'm on a different now.
I still don't know whats the best approach for studying. I keep ending up leaving the studying up to the last minute. I can't seem to get organised. My next semester starts next week I don't want to do the same thing.

I do a business course so it's very theory based but I have two more practical based modules accounting and statistics this semester.

What would be a good plan for studying a few days a week? during the week taking weekends off?

How many hours do you all study a week?
Create a timetable where you organise your time E.g. Do work until after lectures between x - x PM and after that allow time off. If you have a longer term project you can create a timetable to e.g. you want to get certain part of it done be the end of each week.
I'm in a pretty similiar situation, in second year now and I don't know about you but for me a strict timetable doesn't really work. I think the key thing is to get into a regular routine (generally as well as for doing work) but make sure it's flexible.

I've a vague plan for how to keep up; I'm going to mainly use weekday afternoons for reading, going over the lectures and making notes from them. My aim is to basically go over one modules worth of content for a week per afternoon. If I don't get enough done on one of the afternoons, or have an afternoon off then I'll do it in the evening or weekend instead but definitely before the next week starts.
& I'll do the bulk of my assignments in the evenings, since that's when I tend to do them anyway. Also whenever I get an assignment I will atleast look over it/start researching it the same week I get it.

This is only really works because on most weeks I'm finished at uni by 1pm (apart from on Mondays), so I've got quite a lot of time in the afternoons.

As for how many hours that'll be I'm not sure, I did it yesterday afternoon and spent around 3 or 4 hours working (including breaks) so it'll probably be around 14 hours a week excluding assignments.

I wonder if I'll keep ths up aha :p:

Quick Reply

Latest