The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Caroline Wozniacki once again loses to Serena after winning the first set. It's the third time it has happened in their last 4 meetings. She has to win one of these matches. Although, I'm happy that she is playing well again and long may that continue into 2015 and beyond.

Halep vs Serena final then. Watch Serena destroy Halep to avenge that humiliating loss to her in the round robin stage. Halep isn't very bright though. She really should have lost to Ana Ivanovic in straight sets to send Serena home, but she didn't do that and now she will pay for it in the final. Simona, you don't give second chances to Serena Williams.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Badshah
Such a pain in the ass watching your favourite against a big server who is serving out of his mind. Thankfully Federer's class and experience showed in the end. I thought the upset was on the card after the 2nd set. Goffin next for Fed. Should be another tough match but Fed should win it in 2.

Over in Valencia, my man Ferrer lost again to Murray. Thankfully due to Nadal's withdrawal, he should make it to WTF.

I know exactly what you mean. I have no respect for these single-shot merchants.

Original post by Rakas21
Glory to the great one. Still a chance he'll finish world number 1.

If he manages it then I would consider it to be one of the greatest feats of his whole career. What he is doing out there at the moment is simply incredible given the circumstances.
(edited 9 years ago)
So we have got the final that we all wanted. I must say that I have split loyalties for this one. Today is the day that we find out what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object...

David_Goffin-tenis-Roland_Garros_ALDIMA20130528_0006_3.jpg

-Roger-Federer-001.jpg
Looks like Federer certainly got the kinder Paris draw. Berdych (will be difficult), Warwinka (generally rolls over like a puppy for Fed) and Raonic (never had much luck with Fed).

Djokovic will be dealing with Nikishori, Dimitrov, Murray and Ferrer.
Halep made quite possibly the biggest mistake of her career in losing to Ivanovic in 3 sets. As Badshah said, she's given Serena Williams another shot and she's now getting royally whipped in the final. The title was in her hands completely if Serena had gone out.
Love how Djokovic just stands there at 6: 01..

[video="youtube;7tH041KTTeI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tH041KTTeI[/video]
Too easy for Fed today. Another title for him. His great season continues.
Too good Fed! Still winning, the confidence is going to be flowing in Paris, all he needs to do is make a decent run there, another strong push at the World Tour Finals and perhaps the DC final lol
Game still on for Number 1 though.
Original post by Krish4791
Too good Fed! Still winning, the confidence is going to be flowing in Paris, all he needs to do is make a decent run there, another strong push at the World Tour Finals and perhaps the DC final lol
Game still on for Number 1 though.

No need for the Davis Cup. If he wins Paris and the WFT without losing more than 1 RR match then he's world number 1.

The 1 RR match he can lose is based on Djokovic reaching the Paris final and the WTF final unbeaten as Fed would have 300 points to bargain with the Gods with. If Djokovic does not reach the Paris final then Federer goes into the WFT with 500 or more points in the bag with which to cushion.

In theory if Djokovic does not make the QF in Paris then Federer reaching the WTF final unbeaten would be enough.

But saying all that, if Djokovic wins in Paris then it's pretty much all over.
Watching Murray play these days is too stressful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Robredo once again fails to convert match points in a final against Murray. Heartbreak for him but great effort by Murray and now he can afford to skip Paris I think.
Absolutely CRAZY match by Murray - he's now 5th in the Race and has surely Qualified for London! More importantly, he's won another title but it's not going to get any easier for him, poor guy. He's left this late-season surge a little too late! He'll now have to play for a 6th consecutive week in Paris, with the possibility of a Quarter Final meeting with Novak Djokovic, before heading to London for the Season Ending Champs.
Original post by Badshah
Robredo once again fails to convert match points in a final against Murray. Heartbreak for him but great effort by Murray and now he can afford to skip Paris I think.

He could if he had a big enough points buffer. That would mean he'd be playing for 6 straight weeks. Hardly ideal. On top of that, he's got Djokovic in his quarter - I really don't see him picking up more than 180 points for his troubles there.
Original post by Krish4791
He could if he had a big enough points buffer. That would mean he'd be playing for 6 straight weeks. Hardly ideal. On top of that, he's got Djokovic in his quarter - I really don't see him picking up more than 180 points for his troubles there.

I see him losing to Dimitrov in the 3rd round. I don't know why he is playing so much. He is clearly fatigued. At this point, I don't see him being very competitve at the O2 tbh.
Original post by Skkc16
Watching Murray play these days is too stressful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Funny that you should say that since for non-partisans his playing style is conducive to sleep.
Original post by Ashnard
Funny that you should say that since for non-partisans his playing style is conducive to sleep.

Dry is the metaphor i choose.

He lacks the wow factor of a Del Potro forehand or the beauty of Federer.

Granted his playing style is clearly very effective.
Lol I think it was all in jest though :tongue:

[video="youtube;HbKXDGjHL5o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbKXDGjHL5o[/video]
Really pleased with how Murray's doing. Winning consistently now and finding some better form again which is great to see.
Original post by Multitalented me
Lol I think it was all in jest though :tongue:

Nice! :biggrin: I think so too that was a jestingly gesture. I would say its an odd 'appreciation' from the opponent that Murray has prevented five match balls.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest