The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by K1NG93
Nice to see Dimi charging to the net as a surprise tactic. Very much like Federer.

Baby fed yah?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WriterOfWrongs

:yep:
Classic choke by Dimitrov. He did the same against Djokovic at Wimbledon. If he is to win majors he needs to get it together mentally in big moments.
Murray wins! 6-4, 6-7, 6-3, 7-5

Does anyone else see some remarkable similarity to the 2013 AO SF? 6-4, 6-7, 6-3 to Murray, serving at 6-5, 30-30. Except this time he was able to close it out against Dimitrov
Can't believe that didn't go the distance but to be fair Murray did deserve it, Dimitrov just out choked him in the end. Definitely needs to play the bigger points better against the big guys because once you let the likes of Murray and Djokovic back in it's over
The Murray interviewer is annoying - asking some really random questions. Murray taking it really well though!
Yeah that interviewer was a dick, asking some stupid questions. To be fair Jim Courier does the same, but they don't go on as long as that.
Murray - Kyrgios will be great.
Reply 2868
I want to see López take out Raonic. I think I may be the only one...
Original post by RyJ
I want to see López take out Raonic. I think I may be the only one...

I like Raonic.

Then again I tend to like unusual players (I remember some think Nadal is boring). Raonic may be serve heavy but his style is not unattractive.
Reply 2870
Original post by Rakas21
I like Raonic.

Then again I tend to like unusual players (I remember some think Nadal is boring). Raonic may be serve heavy but his style is not unattractive.

Don't get me wrong, I like Raonic too. I just have a bit of a bias to single-handed backhand players, since that's what I use. But I also prefer López's style of play too - it involves more skill, rather than just bashing the ball as hard as possible, aiming for constant winners.
If Lopez did get through it would be a pretty big achievement given some of the holes he's dug himself out of in this tournament already.
I like Lopez but I wanna see Raonic vs Novak so I'm hoping Milos wins.
Reply 2873
Raging. Oh well, it went all the way to 5 sets!

It looked like Djokovic didn't have the best of times agains Muller today, but still managed to come through in straight sets. I think also, the fact than Stan was able to beat Garcia-Lopez - the guy who put him out of Roland Garros last year, early - showed that he's quite strong, mentally, right now!
Stan could drop to 10 in the rankings if he loses to Nishikori. That's what happens when you only really turn up for two tournaments and mug around in the rest.
Berdych a set and 5-0 up. Nadal clearly short of confidence and match practice. Father time seems to been catching up to him too. But I'm impressed with Berdych. He actually believes that he can win this.
6-2, 6-0 Berdych, looks like he'll finally snap that long losing streak he has against Rafa here.
Berdych you beauty!!!!!! So happy for him. Nadal played so much better in the 3rd set so hugh credit to Berdych for staying strong mentally. I thought he would crumble in the TB after Rafa saved 2 match points in his last service game of the set but he surprisingly didn't. Well done Tomas for getting your first win over Nadal in 8 years.
(edited 9 years ago)
OMG Berdych wow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Full credit to Berdych I've obviously not been full of high praise for the man but he clearly had a plan that he executed to perfection so hugely deserves this win (finally) over Rafa

Quick Reply

Latest