The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by ubi1
He came to the net more but that's not the right way to play Rafa as Rafa has the best passing shot's even Uncle Toni said am looking forward to some good passing Shots Tony and Rafa were already expecting the inevitable and were ready for Maestro.

Original post by Rakas21
He did come in more than normal but his serve was complete crap (why did he not go for aces?) and far too often Nadal got the long rallies to extract the forehand error.

He came on poor half hearted approach shots, I felt. He should never come in on Nadal FH's side. That's a deadly weapon. Yeah, his serve was completely crap, but so was his mental game. After losing the 1st set, he just gave up. He should learn a lesson or two from Murray.
Reply 81
Original post by Roger1
He came on poor half hearted approach shots, I felt. He should never come in on Nadal FH's side. That's a deadly weapon. Yeah, his serve was completely crap, but so was his mental game. After losing the 1st set, he just gave up. He should learn a lesson or two from Murray.

Rafa also has the best Backhand Passing shot lol. He needs a different way and there is still some hope for you guys he may play Rafa in Wimbledon where he should beat him!
Reply 82
Original post by ubi1
Don't worry I feel your pain My boy lost to Nole in 2012 who denied him this aswell! :frown:
Anyway's Can't wait for Sunday it can't come soon enough! Am still waiting for Youtube to upload the full match of Fedal!

Discuss Stans chances?:tongue:

Lol, Stan ain't won a set against Rafa. So what chance does he have? But anyway, I expect Stan the man to lose in 4 sets, so he will win his first ever set against Nadal, but no more than that. Although, I fear it could be like FO 2013 massacre.
Reply 83
Original post by ubi1
Rafa also has the best Backhand Passing shot lol. He needs a different way and there is still some hope for you guys he may play Rafa in Wimbledon where he should beat him!

I know that Rafa's BH passings shots are also top notch, but his BH is breakable unlike his FH.

Lol, I don't think Fed will ever beat Rafa anywhere again. He doesn't have the belief any more. he will definitely beat Murray and Nole again, but Rafa never. He is too mentally fragile. Fed sees rafa on the other side and probably pisses in his pants. lol :tongue:
Reply 84
Original post by Roger1
Lol, Stan ain't won a set against Rafa. So what chance does he have? But anyway, I expect Stan the man to lose in 4 sets, so he will win his first ever set against Nadal, but no more than that. Although, I fear it could be like FO 2013 massacre.

Stan is the hottest guy in the tournament agreed that Rafa is the Favourite no doubt but Stan has the most Confidence coming into this! Fedal won their first slam final aswell. Stan is an inspired player now.:wink:
Reply 85
This is no one's era... We'll see how the season goes but I don't recall anyone saying this was anyone's era :s-smilie:
Reply 86
Original post by Roger1
I know that Rafa's BH passings shots are also top notch, but his BH is breakable unlike his FH.

Lol, I don't think Fed will ever beat Rafa anywhere again. He doesn't have the belief any more. he will definitely beat Murray and Nole again, but Rafa never. He is too mentally fragile. Fed sees rafa on the other side and probably pisses in his pants. lol :tongue:

Yh Rafa doesn't have the best backhand and yes his backhand in general is his weakness but he does have to best passing shots from both wings! Fed should have learnt the net lesson in 2008 FO. Oh well Fed must avoid Rafa at all costs now It may dint his confidence?
Reply 87
Original post by lizzy95
This is no one's era... We'll see how the season goes but I don't recall anyone saying this was anyone's era :s-smilie:

This is Rafa's era. Has been since 2010. Roger's era was from 2004-10.
Reply 88
Original post by ubi1
Yh Rafa doesn't have the best backhand and yes his backhand in general is his weakness but he does have to best passing shots from both wings! Fed should have learnt the net lesson in 2008 FO. Oh well Fed must avoid Rafa at all costs now It may dint his confidence?

Well, duh. :tongue:
Reply 89
Original post by ubi1
Stan is the hottest guy in the tournament agreed that Rafa is the Favourite no doubt but Stan has the most Confidence coming into this! Fedal won their first slam final aswell. Stan is an inspired player now.:wink:

Stan reminds me of Gonzalez from 2007 AO, who beat Nadal on his way to the final only to lose the final in straight sets to Federer. Although the match was competitive.
Reply 90
Original post by Roger1

But what is Rafa's peek lol does he have one? To me he keeps improving lol.
Reply 91
Original post by Roger1

He looked confident in the first set but once he lost in the tiebreak and Nadal got that glint in his eyes I think Federer knew it was over and yes pissed his pants :tongue:
Reply 92
Original post by Roger1
Stan reminds me of Gonzalez from 2007 AO, who beat Nadal on his way to the final only to lose the final in straight sets to Federer. Although the match was competitive.

Yh Feds has some unbelievable tournament performances I still remember when destroyed Roddick Jim courier was like "why did you do it"!:wink:
Sometimes Fed cracks me laughing!:tongue:
Reply 93
Original post by ubi1
But what is Rafa's peek lol does he have one? To me he keeps improving lol.

Rafa is weird when it comes to peak, as he has different peak years for all surfaces. His grass peak was 2007-2008 definitely. His clay peak was from 2005-10. And his HC peak is 2013-present.
Reply 94
Original post by lizzy95
He looked confident in the first set but once he lost in the tiebreak and Nadal got that glint in his eyes I think Federer knew it was over and yes pissed his pants :tongue:

Rafa's road to destiny continues then!:wink:
Reply 95
Original post by Roger1

Not really it's been disjointed by injury and the emergence of Djokovic in 2011. In general though Nadal has been the most consistent player since 2010
Reply 96
Original post by ubi1
Yh Feds has some unbelievable tournament performances I still remember when destroyed Roddick Jim courier was like "why did you do it"!:wink:
Sometimes Fed cracks me laughing!:tongue:

Yeah, I loved that Roddick match. Roddick looked absolutely hopeless in that match. It was Fed at his absolute peak imo. Roddick should have won like 3-4 more slams, if not for Federer. Federer was a terrible match up for Rod, just like Nadal is for him. Looks like karma came right back to bite Federer.
Reply 97
Original post by Roger1
Rafa is weird when it comes to peak, as he has different peak years for all surfaces. His grass peak was 2007-2008 definitely. His clay peak was from 2005-10. And his HC peak is 2013-present.

I still Feel his best on Hard was 2010 US Open This is the tournament I never seen Rafa hit the ball any flatter.

Also who do you think is better taking the ball on the rise Fed or Nole?
Reply 98
Original post by lizzy95
Not really it's been disjointed by injury and the emergence of Djokovic in 2011. In general though Nadal has been the most consistent player since 2010

You are right, but Rafa has been the most dominant player since 2010, so I call it his era. Nole ain't even holding a slam now. Lol.
Reply 99
Original post by Roger1
Yeah, I loved that Roddick match. Roddick looked absolutely hopeless in that match. It was Fed at his absolute peak imo. Roddick should have won like 3-4 more slams, if not for Federer. Federer was a terrible match up for Rod, just like Nadal is for him. Looks like karma came right back to bite Federer.

Is the a cure for Karma?:redface:

Quick Reply

Latest