The Student Room Group

Dropping AS Further Maths during Year 13

I've applied to York, Bath, Warwick, Nottingham for Economics and LSE for Econ & Econ History. I want to concentrate on my A2 Maths modules and so drop AS Further Maths that I took this year. Bath and Nottingham have given me offers and said it's fine if I drop it, but do you think it would negatively affect my application at Warwick and LSE if I drop it whilst they're still considering me?
Thank you :smile: :smile:
Original post by zzaacc
I've applied to York, Bath, Warwick, Nottingham for Economics and LSE for Econ & Econ History. I want to concentrate on my A2 Maths modules and so drop AS Further Maths that I took this year. Bath and Nottingham have given me offers and said it's fine if I drop it, but do you think it would negatively affect my application at Warwick and LSE if I drop it whilst they're still considering me?
Thank you :smile: :smile:

Screw AS people look at a2's :colone:
Reply 2
Maybe continue with it until they have made their decisions on whether to give you an offer or not. You don't want to make their mind up for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LSE basically won't give you an offer if you do, and to be honest if you're not doing the full A2 and your college offers it, it's unlikely that they will give you an offer anyway. Warwick, going by my visit, aren't too fussed about FM, but again, an additional AS is going to put you ahead of the competition.

Maybe think about what if you fall short by one grade in the summer and call up Bath/Nottingham to see if they can still give you a place. An additional AS will help you sell yourself, no doubt.
Reply 4
Thanks for your opinions :smile: I'm quite scared LSE will reject me now...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending