The Student Room Group

Application feedback?

In this nasty rejection letter I got two weeks ago it said that my UCAS referee will soon hear from my college about why my application was unsuccessful, unless otherwise requested.

I haven't heard anything since then, and I'm a bit agitated about the whole thing, so could someone please tell me how long it usually takes them to send out the feedback? Is it maybe dependent on the college? I'll be much obliged :wink:
Reply 1
Its naturally disappointing to not get a place. Life is full of many rejections, some of which you may not feel are fair - but you have to hold your head up high, know you did well to get far in the process, a very tough process and go forth with choosing some of what I'm sure are some amazing University choices/offers!

A lot does depend on college I'm afraid, There is a general mindset to have feedback issued by February or 20 days from your requesting it.
Another thing to check is that you or the school have actually put in the request, as I was lead to believe that feedback is only given when asked, unless the college in question have decided to do this differently this year.
Reply 2
Original post by uniqsummer
Its naturally disappointing to not get a place. Life is full of many rejections, some of which you may not feel are fair - but you have to hold your head up high, know you did well to get far in the process, a very tough process and go forth with choosing some of what I'm sure are some amazing University choices/offers!

A lot does depend on college I'm afraid, There is a general mindset to have feedback issued by February or 20 days from your requesting it.
Another thing to check is that you or the school have actually put in the request, as I was lead to believe that feedback is only given when asked, unless the college in question have decided to do this differently this year.

Thanks for the reply.:biggrin:

The letter I received from my college said that you actually had to ask them NOT to send feedback, since they would do so otherwise. That's why I'm not sure about this. And I asked my referee to get in touch with me about what they say, and since he didn't say that the school didn't request feedback, I assume they did.
Reply 3
What college is this out of interest? I will check for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending