The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why is it bad to be a slut?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Damask-
Because some people choose to judge integrity on how many people you have sex with, which is literally as stupid as judging integrity based on choice of breakfast cereal. It comes from outdated religious ideologies mostly, as well as virgins on TSR complaining endlessly about how it's easier for a girl to find a guy to sleep with than vice versa.

It's not about integrity as such, but lets just say I'm not gonna pay for my cornflakes if my neighbours daughter serves up a tasty breakfast for free.
Original post by yo radical one
Pretend to be really non-judgmental and liberal whilst secretly being prepared to walk if her dick-count is too high.

Would you expect a girl to walk if your shag count was too high?
Original post by Le Nombre
Would you expect a girl to walk if your shag count was too high?

Well I'm gay :wink:

jk

Nope, I would expect her to be flattered that I would be willing to commit to her, but really that's up to her
Reply 23
It's not about integrity as such, but lets just say I'm not gonna pay for my cornflakes if my neighbours daughter serves up a tasty breakfast for free.

That wasn't the analogy I was going for.
Original post by Damask-
That wasn't the analogy I was going for.

lol

no ****
Well I'm gay :wink:

jk

Nope, I would expect her to be flattered that I would be willing to commit to her, but really that's up to her

But you wouldn't be flattered that a girl with a high number would do the same for you? There seems be some discrepancy between your expectations of girls and your expectations of what girls will expect of you...
Although it is silly the way girls get slut shamed, i can't help but think that the same girls that complain about it would probably still label a girl who's slept with 30 guys as a slut or a slag in their own head
But you wouldn't be flattered that a girl with a high number would do the same for you? There seems be some discrepancy between your expectations of girls and your expectations of what girls will expect of you...

It doesn't really work like that. My time = Her pussy

You understand?
Reply 28
I wish I could meet a nice slut

Blame him for the evolutionary thinking that's wired into his brain and you might as well blame him for automatically recoiling from pain.
Original post by Birkenhead
Such a fail argument when applied to women. A woman can get pregnant every time she has sex (evolutionarily). If she gets pregnant, she'll have 9 months of pregnancy before giving birth and won't be able to get pregnant again within this 9 months. Her priorities will then turn to caring for that newborn child. There's very little logic in the idea that evolutionarily women should be having sex on a regular basis for the continuation of the species. It's precisely because they can get pregnant every time they have sex (evolutionarily) that, logically or not, society has traditionally frowned upon casual sex in the female population. Caring so little for who they let out for has traditionally and evolutionarily meant by extension potentially caring very little for their newborn child since they are placing their own pleasure above seeking out a stable mate who will provide resources for her and her child in the long-term. Evolutionarily, women shouldn't be having casual sex at all.

This term is gangbanged so often by the TSR feminist crew I've forgotten if it was ever supposed to mean something. Do you understand what it means?

Woah, calm down. It was meant to be ironic, clearly you failed to understand that... :facepalm:
Original post by Anonymous
Given that a girls horniness and level of sexuality as such is determined by her hormones, why do people view girls like that as "lacking morales" or disgusting when they cant help feeling the way they do? Its like they choose to feel the need to do everyguy, they cant help feeling like that and are just acting on their instincts? whats wrong with that? I even think of them as immorale, we all do, but I dont get WHY we do, if u know what I mean? anyone wanna explain?

It's only bad for you and your family, everyone else is having a great time...

Its 'bad' because you're allowing other guys to use your body at will. And it is different for girls, no matter what feminists claim, emotionally women's bodies are different to a man's. A man can have sex with 20 women in a week without feeling any emotional distress but very few women would feel OK with that, even if they tried to convince themselves that it wasnt a terrible experience for them. For a start sex is physically not really a big deal for a man really, if you see a vagina that's clearly been penetrated very often for example then obviously there is something more significant about sex and a women's body. Think about what sex physically means for a guy in comparison, nothing.

It's like women and drinking. Nobody can tell me that they dont feel uneasy seeing a girl off her head on the drink vs seeing a guy. Its an inherent emotion, women's bodies are just more 'special'.

Also no respectable man will want a relationship with a slut, sorry.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 32
From a strictly instinctual evolutionary behavioural point of view, agreeing to have intercourse with someone is agreeing to have their babies. Men don't want to find themselves raising someone else's accident :wink:

From a social point of view, guys want every woman that they sleep with to be considered an accomplishment, she has chosen you before all others around you. If that isn't the case then the sex isn't as exciting and rewarding!

Either way, who gives a flying **** about her past so long as it doesn't cause issues in the present or future.
It doesn't really work like that. My time = Her pussy

You understand?

Your time? As in time put in? I'm not sure how that means that she shouldn't have sex with other guys, surely if enough guys put the requisite amount of time in that means she should give it up to each of them?

Blame him for the evolutionary thinking that's wired into his brain and you might as well blame him for automatically recoiling from pain.

Ok, but then don't blame girls for doing the exact same by calling them 'sluts'.
Your time? As in time put in? I'm not sure how that means that she shouldn't have sex with other guys, surely if enough guys put the requisite amount of time in that means she should give it up to each of them?

Not exactly. Think of it like this

Men get friendzoned, women get ****zoned

A woman in the ****zone is a slut, men will see her as something to use but not really worthy of any sort of commitment. A man gets friendzoned, in essence he is a timeslut, when the woman is bored or upset or needs a favour she goes to him, but he never gets what he wants.

Ok, but then don't blame girls for doing the exact same by calling them 'sluts'.

Personally I don't blame them for doing what is natural. Their natural default being to seek out the best man for sex and to use the other men for what she can take from them in really one-sided celibate relationships i.e. friendzoning (notice I am not saying it is bad, but rather natural)

Randomly having sex with men, is not natural and is the mark of an insecure girl who doesn't have many ways of getting a man's attention through her personality etc.
Original post by bubble999
Woah, calm down. It was meant to be ironic, clearly you failed to understand that... :facepalm:

Oh please. How was anything below ironic? It's OK to be wrong.

Original post by bubble999
Social construct.

Evolution wise, we should go out and reproduce as much as we can :colone:

(Not that I agree with people doing that though :lol: )

I suppose the problem with this is that men and women have different evolutionary instincts. I've already explained above how there is nothing in evolutionary biology to encourage women to have casual sex.
Oh please. How was anything below ironic? It's OK to be wrong.

Did you not see the ":colone:" face? IT MEANS I'M JOKING.

Please, not everything needs to be an argument.
Original post by Anonymous
Given that a girls horniness and level of sexuality as such is determined by her hormones, why do people view girls like that as "lacking morales" or disgusting when they cant help feeling the way they do? Its like they choose to feel the need to do everyguy, they cant help feeling like that and are just acting on their instincts? whats wrong with that? I even think of them as immorale, we all do, but I dont get WHY we do, if u know what I mean? anyone wanna explain?

Because society said it is.
Reply 39
It's not bad to be a slut, if you're comfortable with it :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending