The Student Room Group

Have I failed to grow up or are a lot of people secretly like this?

Ok so Im probably viewed as odd by people but I don't really have much in common therefore dont really have friends..more people who think they are better than me and like to laugh/snigger.

Anyway most people my age seem to be into pubs, restaurants and family life etc. Im in my late twenties, dont have my own family/relationships and wish I was a kid again:confused: I miss the times when I could just go outside and start playing manhunt and similar games with other kids. I have always been a huge tomboy. I also see 14 year old lads skateboarding, doing tricks on their bikes and I really want a go! I only really enjoyed the days where I could climb trees and be physically active all day. I am in sports clubs which kind of substitutes for this a bit but its not the same its not as spontaneous. People will think Im odd if I suddenly do an handstand when im not that far off the age of 30. Im not really good at sports just really enjoy the challenge and being physically active.

I dont enjoy anything else, pubs are ok for about half an hour but then Im bored and just want to go home/do my own thing. I do occassionally go out with old friends from college but Ive nothing in common they ask about relationships (non existant for me) etc and I feel Im putting an act on all the time and trying my best to appear normal. If we are walking past a fence/small post I always feel like leap frogging over it lol. People see me as odd as I suppose I come across as very childlike but I can be mature if I try I just feel like im putting on an act.

I do know a guy my age on facebook who is in the army and I guess he's classed as an idiot but his hobbies involve climbing huge buildings, riding on the top of lifts just doing daft adventurous stuff but Im jelous that he does all this lol I always want a go at it myself (not the stupidily dangerous stuff as im quite sensible) I applied to join the army but they wouldnt let me in because of rhinitis.

Do any of you females (or guys) not feel like this?

My aunt says that Ive never grown up but I think its more to do with my interests than maturity:confused:
Reply 2
The thing that makes the pub fun is probably the alcohol...have you tried it? Not that I'm recommending alcohol.
join a parkour club.
I always want to climb trees. I'm famous/infamous for my immaturity. It's fun, until you get people judging you. Can't be doing with that
Original post by inthedark1
Ok so Im probably viewed as odd by people but I don't really have much in common therefore dont really have friends..more people who think they are better than me and like to laugh/snigger.

http://www.eharmony.co.uk/
Reply 6

you know what im half registered with them but I dont want to make a full account as I dont want anyone who knows me to know Im on there. I think people can search your email address/name as you can with match.com.
Reply 7
Original post by nohomo
The thing that makes the pub fun is probably the alcohol...have you tried it? Not that I'm recommending alcohol.

Its not fun for me, I just get bloated/dont feel like drinking anymore then Ive had enough. It does provide a great excuse to just talk to anyone and act anyway you want (without being judged much.its the alcohol right) thats what I like about it but I cant drink much I dont like it. Just a bit for me!
Reply 8
Its not fun for me, I just get bloated/dont feel like drinking anymore then Ive had enough. It does provide a great excuse to just talk to anyone and act anyway you want (without being judged much.its the alcohol right) thats what I like about it but I cant drink much I dont like it. Just a bit for me!

Fair enough...what about jogging? You could join a jogging club. That's socially acceptable :tongue:
You sounds pretty cool.
I used to absolutely love climbing trees, using homemade bows & arrows, playing football & wallball, playing chasing games and things like that when I was child - and in fact secretly I would love to do the same now. I did do archery and rugby at uni though and having been playing rugby since I left uni too (until I did my rib in a year ago and then started working in Ecuador). I do love having a drink/ food/ game of pool in old historic pubs and bars too though, and I've been in a very close relationship for the past 8 years.
(edited 10 years ago)
I'll do random leapfrogs with you! I'm a bit like that. I like to dangle off things.
Reply 12
haha I'm so like this! I'm 19 but way too hyperactive... I'm way too immature and I miss being able to do weird things and get away with it! I always want to jump over stuff or just run randomly but obviously that's not socially acceptable! I agree sports clubs are not the same:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by nohomo
Fair enough...what about jogging? You could join a jogging club. That's socially acceptable :tongue:

Im in one:smile:
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
I always want to climb trees. I'm famous/infamous for my immaturity. It's fun, until you get people judging you. Can't be doing with that

Was going to post on your wall but I couldn't.
I thought you may like this :tongue:

[video="youtube;q0v7rFSUrGE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0v7rFSUrGE#t=30[/video]
Reply 15
Why don't you get a job in a childs play area?

(Like Brad did on Happy Endings)
Reply 16
Original post by MJ1012
Why don't you get a job in a childs play area?

(Like Brad did on Happy Endings)

Good idea:smile: Ive trained as a nurse but dont want to be one. I enjoy working with children.
I think most adults wish they could do those things too, but few would admit it. What most people do is have kids, and do that sort of stuff with them. Great excuse to act like a child again :wink: And nobody bats an eyelid then because you're 'playing with the children' :tongue:
Reply 18
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I think most adults wish they could do those things too, but few would admit it. What most people do is have kids, and do that sort of stuff with them. Great excuse to act like a child again :wink: And nobody bats an eyelid then because you're 'playing with the children' :tongue:

I thought that and I would like kids of my own eventually. I'l have to get in a relationship first only thing is I dont think I'l handle pregnancy well at all! Im a wuss when it comes to period cramps cant stand them I faint lol and also Im really scared of being sick for some reason! As for labour it terrifies me! Would be 9 months of hell.
I thought that and I would like kids of my own eventually. I'l have to get in a relationship first only thing is I dont think I'l handle pregnancy well at all! Im a wuss when it comes to period cramps cant stand them I faint lol and also Im really scared of being sick for some reason! As for labour it terrifies me! Would be 9 months of hell.

Hmm yeah okay I'm not gonna lie, pregnancy is a bitch. But the end result is pretty rewarding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending