The Student Room Group

has anyone got into medicine by doing maths and further maths, bio and chemistry?

Has anyone got into medicine by doing further maths as there 4th option?
Reply 1
Yes, did all four to A level; got 3 interviews and 2 offers
Do those subjects exactly, 3 interviews and 2 offers so far :smile:
My friend got in last year at St.George's and did those exact subjects
Reply 4
You'll find the majority of applicants do those A levels...
That seems a pretty common subject combo for med people, although strictly speaking FM isn't the best idea (since some med schools don't count it as separate from maths). But it won't hinder you.
Reply 6
Yes, although some (if not many) med schools won't consider Further Maths at A2.
Reply 7
Cambridge would love that haha
Reply 8
I think the majority of applicants do those subjects for A Level. Either that or Bio, Chem, Maths and then Physics.
Reply 9
They arent uncommon choices but they're not statistically the top pick I think geography psychology etc along with many others beat further maths to the spot of peoples fourth subject mostly because of what someone said about some unis not valuing it at all for medicine. Also a level maths is much harder than gcse so if you're not 100% sure you're a maths god don't but all your eggs in that basket :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I know more people who did physics in place of further maths.

Once you have an offer you can drop however much you need/want to to be confident in making the offer. As soon as I got offers I stopped maths and further maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending