The Student Room Group

Methods of learning essays?

What it says in the title really, does anyone have any good methods they use for learning psychology essays? I am panicking a little I wont lie!
Reply 1
I don't have a method for psychology essays, in particular it's more just a method that can be use to memorise any piece of text.

Break it down into bullet points, strip away all the fancy wording until you have nice short sentences.

Try writing these in a bright colour, like turquoise or fuchsia (apparently you retain 70% more information, that has been written in colour than that which has been written in say black or navy, don't know if it's true but it works for me.)

Try drawing small pictures next to the sentences that you can like with the information ( a little like objects in a mind palace).

I personally like to learn the bullet points to a song that I like and then when I need the information I just hum it in my head.

I hope you'll find something in my strange little ramblings that you found helpful and sorry if it wasn't what you were looking for. ^ ^'

~E
Reply 2
Original post by cold-coffee
I don't have a method for psychology essays, in particular it's more just a method that can be use to memorise any piece of text.

Break it down into bullet points, strip away all the fancy wording until you have nice short sentences.

Try writing these in a bright colour, like turquoise or fuchsia (apparently you retain 70% more information, that has been written in colour than that which has been written in say black or navy, don't know if it's true but it works for me.)

Try drawing small pictures next to the sentences that you can like with the information ( a little like objects in a mind palace).

I personally like to learn the bullet points to a song that I like and then when I need the information I just hum it in my head.

I hope you'll find something in my strange little ramblings that you found helpful and sorry if it wasn't what you were looking for. ^ ^'

~E

Aw thank you so much this is great!! I'm gonna try this today! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending