The Student Room Group

which university is best for me?

Hello guys I m an international applicant from India.I have applied for course computer science UG.
My UCAS choices are as follows
1)University of Edinburgh
2)Kings College London
3)University of Manchester
4)University of sheffield
5)University of Nottingham
Already received An conditional offer from University of Manchester. :biggrin:
And I m damn sure that i will receive the offers from others too.
My prefrence would be the any one from the first two choices i. e ( KCl and edinburgh) :confused:
which one should i choose ?any suggestion would be of great help to me.
(edited 10 years ago)
Wait until you have offers before getting your hopes up and deciding which one you want to go to the most. I don't know about computre science specifically but out of all of those the first two are probably the "best" followed by Nottingham - again I don't know specifically for computer science, it may vary greatly from this.
Reply 2
Original post by lilixxx1000
Wait until you have offers before getting your hopes up and deciding which one you want to go to the most. I don't know about computre science specifically but out of all of those the first two are probably the "best" followed by Nottingham - again I don't know specifically for computer science, it may vary greatly from this.

Bro,just now i opened UCAS track and BOOM:biggrin::wink:
i got offers from edinburgh and shieffield :cool:
hmm still i am confused about my choices :frown:
even i also don't know which university is best for computer science !!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Look on the complete university guide for the league tables. I don't know about computer science myself. Well done on the offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by damngamerz
Bro,just now i opened UCAS track and BOOM:biggrin::wink:
i got offers from edinburgh and shieffield :cool:
hmm still i am confused about my choices :frown:
even i also don't know which university is best for computer science !!!

Congratulations that's great!! I think out of the two the best one has got to be Edinburgh! Have a look at this:

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Computer+Science
Reply 5
Congratulations that's great!! I think out of the two the best one has got to be Edinburgh! Have a look at this:

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Computer+Science

Thanks for help dude i have selected my firm choice as edinburgh :rolleyes::biggrin:
well it seems that according to QS world rankings also edinburgh is best in Computer Science
http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2013/computer-science-and-information-systems

can you give some advice about how i should choose my insurance choice.
well i am confident that i will meet conditions for edinburgh. :wink:
Although just in case !!!!:tongue:
Thanks for help dude i have selected my firm choice as edinburgh :rolleyes::biggrin:
well it seems that according to QS world rankings also edinburgh is best in Computer Science
http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2013/computer-science-and-information-systems

can you give some advice about how i should choose my insurance choice.
well i am confident that i will meet conditions for edinburgh. :wink:
Although just in case !!!!:tongue:

Which other ones do you have an offer from? Just choose one that has a lower requirement than Edinburgh and that you really like the uni/course. It shouldn't really matter so long as you're confident about getting into Edinburgh!
I'm hoping for Edinburgh myself for 2015 entry! Looks like a great choice for CS, 5*A rated research, excellent facilities and they spend more per head than Oxford and Cambridge (£20k per student per year, compared to £15k)...also, I lived about 10 mins away from Edinburgh when I was younger and it's an awesome place.
Reply 8
Which other ones do you have an offer from? Just choose one that has a lower requirement than Edinburgh and that you really like the uni/course. It shouldn't really matter so long as you're confident about getting into Edinburgh!

Thanx bro......:smile:
i have offers from 3 universities i.e edinburgh, manchester and sheiffied.
Kings college and nottingham's decision is still pending. Well i couldn't believe i recieved those offers so early (just applied on 7 jan):biggrin:
lets wait and hope for best:wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Thanx bro......:smile:
i have offers from 3 universities i.e edinburgh, manchester and sheiffied.
Kings college and nottingham's decision is still pending. Well i couldn't believe i recieved those offers so early (just applied on 7 jan):biggrin:
lets wait and hope for best:wink:

No problem :smile: Are the offers any different for the three or are they all asking for the same grades? Definitely wait until you have answers from the other two before deciding which to firm & put as your insurance.
Reply 10
How much you scored in UG course?
Hello , I applied to Edinburgh as well ) Can you tell me what are your predicted grades ? I got offer from King’s but still waiting for Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending