The Student Room Group

AS' Level Re-takes

Last year in the May/June 2013 session I appeared for AS Level Maths, Physics, Chemistry and English Language. I got a B C C D respectively, which is when I decided to re-appear for the Physics and Chemistry exams in the following Oct/Nov session, 2013. I did study better for the re-takes, but the result was released today and I ended up with a C C again.
I am really disheartened, really depressed by this. And can't even face my family, as I do realize the re-takes had a cost to be beared, which I let go to waste. I understand I have let them down, and more importantly myself.

Just as a side note; I was by then really enthusiastic about studying hard and getting better grades, which I did bring to practice for about a month after my decision of the re-sits. But fortunately or unfortunately, I had struck up an intimate spark with my girl best-friend, and we started dating meanwhile. The relationship was based on long distance terms, so we thought of it to not be of much distraction. Which I now believe was not the smart thing to do at the time. She and I though go great together, and are still together.

I would highly appreciate for if someone would be willing to guide me through this.

Quick Reply

Latest