The Student Room Group

GSA applications

Whos all applied to The Glasgow School Of Art and where are yous at with your applications?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have applied to The Glasgow School of art for Architecture. GSA is my first choice, I know its a bit early but does any one know when GSA usually reply to there applicants.
Reply 2
I've applied to painting and printmaking and it's my first choice too, if they call you for an interview u will get an email between now and march, but architecture might be different? I'm still waiting on word...
(edited 10 years ago)
applied for Architecture too! I have just received an interview invitation email on Friday....
Reply 4
Thats really good! what kind of stuff have you done for your portfolio, if you don't mind me asking.
Reply 5
I applied to communication design :smile: really excited to hear back from them hopefully with good news haha,

This is what I ended up sending :biggrin:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/114713075@N05/sets/72157639877126355/
Reply 6
Original post by Edenre
I applied to communication design :smile: really excited to hear back from them hopefully with good news haha,

This is what I ended up sending :biggrin:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/114713075@N05/sets/72157639877126355/

Omg your stuff is truly amazing ������! Well done!
Reply 7
Original post by thomoh
Omg your stuff is truly amazing ������! Well done!

Thank you :smile: I updated it now with everything I sent, have you put your stuff online? :smile: I was going to apply to painting and printmaking, but I realized my mistake when I had no expressive looking things haha
Reply 8
Original post by Edenre
Thank you :smile: I updated it now with everything I sent, have you put your stuff online? :smile: I was going to apply to painting and printmaking, but I realized my mistake when I had no expressive looking things haha

Na I'm not really satisfied with the work I put in my efolio but I'm working on some big prints for if I get an interview! I'll send a link once finished them :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by thomoh
Na I'm not really satisfied with the work I put in my efolio but I'm working on some big prints for if I get an interview! I'll send a link once finished them :biggrin:

That sounds good! :biggrin:

Anyone else constantly looking at their emails? I really want to know the outcome! I guess I just have to preoccupy myself and sort out my portfolio if I get an invitation...
Reply 10
Original post by Edenre
That sounds good! :biggrin:

Anyone else constantly looking at their emails? I really want to know the outcome! I guess I just have to preoccupy myself and sort out my portfolio if I get an invitation...

Ye I'm checking mines like 3, 4 times a day lol! Hope I get an interview!! Fingers crossed
Reply 11
Applied for communication design, already feeling impatient and it's only been a week or two :eek:
Reply 12
Original post by hsz
Applied for communication design, already feeling impatient and it's only been a week or two :eek:

I applyed for that course too but for third year! Iv sent my portfolio off but no news yet!
Reply 13
anybody got replies yet? i got a bit worried since last year i got offered an interview by email on 28th of jan D: argh, now im freaking out about not being successful
Reply 14
I applied to Fine Art Photography but I haven't heard anything back yet. My application was a bit rushed so not too hopeful of a reply.

Anyone else here apply to first year Photography?
Reply 15
Original post by nitlott_
anybody got replies yet? i got a bit worried since last year i got offered an interview by email on 28th of jan D: argh, now im freaking out about not being successful

nothing but crickets for me... except from the odd UCAS newsletter that tricks me thinking its an interview email >.<
Reply 16
oh jeez i guess we're all still waiting, i think we may all go insane at this speed xD
Reply 17
Original post by lyns_
I applied to Fine Art Photography but I haven't heard anything back yet. My application was a bit rushed so not too hopeful of a reply.

Anyone else here apply to first year Photography?

I have also applied for Fine Art Photography but also Painting and Printmaking. I haven't heard anything yet either, it's making me nervous. I am currently studying on the GSA portfolio preparation day course, very helpful when it came to applying. Are you applying from school?
Reply 18
I had an interview today for the fine art photography course at GSA. All the interviews are this week I believe.
Reply 19
Got an interview for Com Design today, interview choices are less than two weeks away which is so scary..not sure whether to choose the earliest date or the latest one

Quick Reply

Latest