The Student Room Group

Too fat for hollister job. So I did something

Hey! Apparently i'm good looking and my face is rather slim. a friend of mine handed it in with my cv to hollister. I've already got a job, but we wanted to see what they were like.

About 2 weeks after, i got a phone call asking me to go along for a group interview. this was for the position of "sales assistant/model". Although I might look "attractive", i'm a bit fat. I play rugby, cycle, and walk, but i've always kinda been overweight. i'm around 6ft and weigh just over 18 stone.

I went to the group interview and they were testing us out in hollister clothes. none of them fit for me. They were all sat back in the room, I went in shirtless, gave them their clothes back. There was someone there who was from Europe and he looked at me and said "you're too big" and smirked a bit. I've always been big and I've heard it all. So I did a truffle shuffle and ran out. All the others being interviewed burst out laughing.

I told my girlfriend about this and she said it was childish. everyone else - family, my friends and work mates just laughed at it. Do you think it was a bit childish? I'm 20.

This is the sight they'd have seen. Sorry if it scars you. lol

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Original post by photographylover
There was someone there who was from Europe and he looked at me and said "you're too big" and smirked a bit.

You know you're from Europe too if you're British, right?
Original post by Eva.Gregoria

Huh?

Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
You know you're from Europe too if you're British, right?

Yes, I just mean he was from elsewhere in Europe.
Huh?

You're kinda underestimating there, don't you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
LOL, you look like that and applied for Hollister? They were probably laughing at your ignorance not your size.
Reply 6
How come you have a girlfriend and I don't?
Original post by nohomo

Because life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MJ1012
LOL, you look like that and applied for Hollister? They were probably laughing at your ignorance not your size.

Why couldn't I apply there? The job description never said "you need a six pack"! plus it was a dare anyway :wink:
Reply 9

Oh is it life's unfair like in the other thread? :tongue:
That is faaatttt. Not good enough for the Hollister master race :nah: :fyi:
Original post by nohomo

Whatcha mean?
Reply 12
Whatcha mean?

Nothing...
Reply 13
Why couldn't I apply there? The job description never said "you need a six pack"! plus it was a dare anyway :wink:

Seems a bit of a tedious process for a dare to be honest.
The job description all but says it, Hollister + AF try to stop fattys buying their clothes, you really think they're gonna let them sell them?
Reply 14
18 stone you fat ****! Was a funny read though. If real, then good on you, **** Hollister!
Original post by MJ1012
Seems a bit of a tedious process for a dare to be honest.
The job description all but says it, Hollister + AF try to stop fattys buying their clothes, you really think they're gonna let them sell them?

You never know! lol. I got £50 for doing it :wink:

Original post by Nerd2
18 stone you fat ****! Was a funny read though. If real, then good on you, **** Hollister!

Thanks for calling me that, and I did it... Hollister are a stupid, overpriced, ignorant company
Reply 16
You never know! lol. I got £50 for doing it :wink:

Thanks for calling me that, and I did it... Hollister are a stupid, overpriced, ignorant company

By the way I didn't mean to offend you by that, I'm always quite fat and you see comfortable with the way you are, so just banter, my friend.

Yeah Hollister is ****ty brand, although I have to admit the girls that work there are FAF!
Reply 17
My brain tells me troll but my sense of humour hopes it's actually true
Original post by Nerd2
By the way I didn't mean to offend you by that, I'm always quite fat and you see comfortable with the way you are, so just banter, my friend.

Yeah Hollister is ****ty brand, although I have to admit the girls that work there are FAF!

He wouldn't be offended, he's one of those people who's fat on purpose :s-smilie:
Original post by Nerd2

well i am fat/obese and need to lose weight, but until then, i might as well make the most of it haha. I totally agree too :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest