The Student Room Group

Retaking AS-Levels alongside A2

Hi,

I am studying Biology, Chemistry and Maths but I am looking to resit all 3 of my Maths modules alongside Unit 2 of Biology and Chemistry.

I was wondering if any of you have any tips on how to manage resitting my AS-level modules alongside my A2 exams. How should I go about revising (or in some cases relearning) for my AS exams from now until the exam period I have already done a small amount for each subject.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, im retaking AS Chemistry alongside A2 Chemistry. I'm sitting in the AS Lessons and find it a million times easier than before. Maybe you cpuld ask your teachers if you could sit in the lessons.

However I do think that you're taking too much on. 5 resits is alot plus you'll have your A2 modules. I'd rethink about resitting all of them unless you're absolutel sure you can handle them all.

I'm only resitting two exams (both AS chemistry exams) and that means that I have 10 exams in the summer!(inc. 2 GS exams) which is ALOT so it'll be more for you. :/
Reply 2
Original post by Nabihah
Hi, im retaking AS Chemistry alongside A2 Chemistry. I'm sitting in the AS Lessons and find it a million times easier than before. Maybe you cpuld ask your teachers if you could sit in the lessons.

However I do think that you're taking too much on. 5 resits is alot plus you'll have your A2 modules. I'd rethink about resitting all of them unless you're absolutel sure you can handle them all.

I'm only resitting two exams (both AS chemistry exams) and that means that I have 10 exams in the summer!(inc. 2 GS exams) which is ALOT so it'll be more for you. :/

Thanks for your reply, I don't really have much of a choice in terms of resitting as I need to resit these modules as I significantly underperformed and I need to resit them to meet any potential offer. I have sat in some AS maths classes but I found they moved too slowly as I wasn't learning from afresh.
Reply 3
Best of luck! Make sure you start revising from now then.
Reply 4
Yeh i'm in a similar predicament. I'm retaking all 3 maths modules, 2 chemistry and a business module alongside my A2's, Its tough to manage my time well but i've been doing all my A2 work during the week and leaving retakes for the weekend as I can plough through the AS topics easily as they aren't demanding as much as before. Hope this helps a bit :smile:
My friend is taking her A2s this year plus further maths AS and A2. She is naturally inclined to maths and has some days where there is no lunch break because she has 6 lessons but she seems to be coping so I wouldn't say its impossible.

I'd imagine you'll find resetting the modules 100x easier as the later cores expand on the earlier ones :smile:
Reply 6
C1 and C2 will be much easier thanks to C3 and C4. Not too much added pressure.

Same with Chemistry in my experience, I'm resitting Unit 2 and 3.
Reply 7
[INDENT] Hey guys, I just got my AS results (CIE, not Edexcel) few days ago... I took Physics, Bio, chem and maths and I gotten a really bad results which are C, C, D, and E (respectively)... I know it's my own fault, for I had been really last minute and lazy, i did not practice hard enough and was abit slow upon finishing the questions

Now I feel really depressed and I dunno what to do, I still havent gotten the courage to tell my parent about it, I know the best option is to retake, but it cost 400 per subject in my country, which is quite expensive for my parent. (although it's still affordable for them, i feel ashamed about the fact I wasted their money)

I just wanna ask for opinions what should i do now, should I drop out? and attempt other easier course? or should I just work really really hard in A2 to balance my results, (I just hope I can enter Uni, but is it possible since my i got an E in maths?)
sorry for the long message, i just hope someone out there who understands my struggle able to give me some advices
[/INDENT]
I'm resitting one of my Economics modules even though I got an A at AS. Yolo.. I ain't revising for it, however.
Reply 9
Wow pretty much same.

Doing A2 maths bio chem

Resitting all my AS. I do As during weekends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am in the same situation. I'm glad I found this page. It's really encouraging. Good luck everyone :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by SamsonMah
Hey guys, I just got my AS results (CIE, not Edexcel) few days ago... I took Physics, Bio, chem and maths and I gotten a really bad results which are C, C, D, and E (respectively)... I know it's my own fault, for I had been really last minute and lazy, i did not practice hard enough and was abit slow upon finishing the questions

Now I feel really depressed and I dunno what to do, I still havent gotten the courage to tell my parent about it, I know the best option is to retake, but it cost 400 per subject in my country, which is quite expensive for my parent. (although it's still affordable for them, i feel ashamed about the fact I wasted their money)

I just wanna ask for opinions what should i do now, should I drop out? and attempt other easier course? or should I just work really really hard in A2 to balance my results, (I just hope I can enter Uni, but is it possible since my i got an E in maths?)
sorry for the long message, i just hope someone out there who understands my struggle able to give me some advices

It depends what you want to do. If you want to study something "less demanding they might not care about your E in maths" If I were you I would resit your weakest modules where it would not take much to fix them for example for me in Chemistry I got an A in Unit 1 but a C in Unit 2 so i'm resitting unit 2. Good Luck!
Reply 12
Original post by Abdul-Karim
I'm resitting one of my Economics modules even though I got an A at AS. Yolo.. I ain't revising for it, however.

Thank you for such an enlightening contribution you have offered some of the most helpful comments I have seen in a while.
Reply 13
Original post by The_Blade
Wow pretty much same.

Doing A2 maths bio chem

Resitting all my AS. I do As during weekends.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds like a plan
Original post by rxmtf
Thank you for such an enlightening contribution you have offered some of the most helpful comments I have seen in a while.

No need to thank me for it, I do it out of sheer compassion for my peers. :rolleyes:
Although, now that you thanked me you could've at-least praised my achievements.
Reply 15
Original post by Abdul-Karim
No need to thank me for it, I do it out of sheer compassion for my peers. :rolleyes:
Although, now that you thanked me you could've at-least praised my achievements.

Well done! We're all thrilled for you!

How's your ego feeling now?
I would suggest using your breaks + lunchtimes if you want to ask for help/revise your AS resits. :smile:
Hey I know this is an old thread but mind me asking how did you all do?
Reply 18
I am.
Looks like I've messed up once again though, first resit exam next week not revised or looked at the module since last year.
With 2 other modules coming up alongside A2 exams next month.

Advice is make sure to revise early and keep on top of it.
No uni for me this year, I guess I may have to restart college somewhere else next year.
Ive got 3 AS resits in next 2 weeks, havent started revising for any of them, going to revise the day before and try to smash them :/

Tbh AS exams look like GCSE's now that I've done A2 maths,chem,bio

Quick Reply

Latest