The Student Room Group

HELP A-Level choices

I want to do a science based degree at Uni probably. Should i do:

1. Maths chem physics biology
2. " " " F maths
3. " " " Spanish

I am interested in biology but F maths may be more useful to me. Also, I'm thinking Spanish may be a good option since I find it easy and it may give me a good break. Any ideas?
Original post by Spelly456
I want to do a science based degree at Uni probably. Should i do:

1. Maths chem physics biology
2. " " " F maths
3. " " " Spanish

I am interested in biology but F maths may be more useful to me. Also, I'm thinking Spanish may be a good option since I find it easy and it may give me a good break. Any ideas?

It depends on what Uni degree you've got your eye on. If the only requirements for it are a couple of those first subjects then you could replace the rest with F Maths/Spanish, but make sure you're doing them because you actually like them not because you think it will be useful. If you don't truly like a subject it will be more difficult to do well in it. All of those subjects are great/facilitating subjects so I'm sure any combination would be fine (Obviously depends on the degree requirements though). Me for example, the degrees I have my eye on only recommend Maths and History, so for my two other subjects I've just chosen subjects I like that aren't really that relevant to the degree (Physics&French)

What degree(s) do you have in mind?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
I'm thinking natural sciences or engineering. For engineering further maths would be better I think but it could be too hard for me and I may regret not doing biology.

Quick Reply

Latest