The Student Room Group

The Law of Attraction

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Old_Simon
The first Law of Attraction is that all half decent looking girls have boyfriends. You need a strategy to deal with that !!!!

What do you mean?
Reply 21
Original post by ChaniBotz95
Yeah please elaborate :smile:

Basically, instead of just wanting to flip tables or fall into the emotional state of being upset, when you're angry it just builds adrenaline, competition and analysis of the way others act around you. For a brief moment, you feel so in control, unstoppable really. Competition can even be in class. You're fueled to out-answer or out-argue somebody with much quicker responses. Analysis refers to watching and almost learning how others behave, fir example there's this girl who whenever she sits on her own she plays with her hair in silence, without looking around at all. When i noticed this i came to the realisation that she's the opposite when around her boyfriend. A friend if hers actually confirmed that she's actually really insecure about herself and can't stand sitting alone, in fear of people judging her when she's not around others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by VthSora
I believe somewhere in this theory, I read that it had to do with 'the power to want', which is basically believing and striving to achieve with every ounce of faith you have, then going further and striving for further succesa. Many people who want to be millionaires don't actually have this in their mind, that they can actually do it if they truly pursue it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't disagree with you and in fact this could actually be a possibility. However, the way in which this theory has become 'mainstream' in the last few years is where I think the problem lies. There are now people on youtube and all across the internet who are willing to accept money to show you how you can use the law of attraction. I have seen adverts and websites for some of these 'mentors' which request thousands of pounds/dollars just to teach you how to unlock this mystery power and suddenly become happy, prosperous and rich. Though I believe theoretically this is possible as you said, I think people cashing in on this theory kind of ruins it and might put a lot of people off due to them thinking it's just a scam for financial gain.
Reply 23
Original post by ryan9900
I don't disagree with you and in fact this could actually be a possibility. However, the way in which this theory has become 'mainstream' in the last few years is where I think the problem lies. There are now people on youtube and all across the internet who are willing to accept money to show you how you can use the law of attraction. I have seen adverts and websites for some of these 'mentors' which request thousands of pounds/dollars just to teach you how to unlock this mystery power and suddenly become happy, prosperous and rich. Though I believe theoretically this is possible as you said, I think people cashing in on this theory kind of ruins it and might put a lot of people off due to them thinking it's just a scam for financial gain.

I don't actually believe in the theory 100%, just to clear things up, it was just what I read. I honestly don't think that everyone can 'use' this theory and get the outstanding results promised. It's not guaranteed, shall we say, however the theory does seem very logical. The fact people are trying to profit from it doesn't sit right with me at all and I agree with you on the whole issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Thanks guys for all the info, really has helped me :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by VthSora
Basically, instead of just wanting to flip tables or fall into the emotional state of being upset, when you're angry it just builds adrenaline, competition and analysis of the way others act around you. For a brief moment, you feel so in control, unstoppable really. Competition can even be in class. You're fueled to out-answer or out-argue somebody with much quicker responses. Analysis refers to watching and almost learning how others behave, fir example there's this girl who whenever she sits on her own she plays with her hair in silence, without looking around at all. When i noticed this i came to the realisation that she's the opposite when around her boyfriend. A friend if hers actually confirmed that she's actually really insecure about herself and can't stand sitting alone, in fear of people judging her when she's not around others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow thanks a bunch, this was really helpful! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending